Centennial High School (Bakersfield, California)
|Centennial High School|
|8601 Hageman Road
Bakersfield, California, Kern County 93312
|School district||Kern High School District|
|NCES District ID||0619540|
|NCES School ID||061954002041|
|Gender||50% Male; 50% Female|
|Average class size||42|
|School colour(s)||Red, white, and gold|
|Slogan||Home of the Golden Hawks|
|Athletics conference||Southwest Yosemite League|
|Rival||Stockdale, Bakersfield, Liberty, Frontier|
|Newspaper||The Hawk Eye|
Centennial High School is a public high school located in Bakersfield, California, United States. Its opening in 1993 marked the 100-year anniversary of the Kern High School District. Centennial is the home of many nationally recognized extra-curricular academic programs, including Virtual Business and We The People, both of which have finished ranked in the top five nationally in the school's history. As of 2011, Centennial has an API score of 841, the highest in the Kern High School District, surpassing Stockdale High's API score.
Centennial's athletic teams are known as the Centennial Golden Hawks and wear the school's colors of red, white, and gold. As part of the Southwest Yosemite League, the Golden Hawks compete in football, baseball, boys' and girls' soccer and basketball, track & field, cross country, women's volleyball, boys' and girls' tennis, swim, and dive. The women's volleyball team won the state championship in 1996. They also won the valley championship in 2010. The football team went undefeated in league play for the first 10 years of the program.
- Cody Kessler, NFL quarterback
- Megan Langenfeld, softball player
- Jarret Martin, minor league baseball player
- Brent Morel, baseball player
- Jared Norris, NFL linebacker
- Grace Moore, Civil rights attorney, activist, and leader.
- Ryan, Kevin (13 August 2016). "Watch: Browns QB Cody Kessler runs out of endzone for safety". Fight On 247.
- Evans, Jeff (20 February 2013). "Langenfeld is more than a 'one-trick pony'". The Bakersfield Californian. Retrieved 13 May 2014.
- "Jarret Martin traded to Dodgers, who also land free agent Harang". The Bakersfield Californian. 8 December 2011. Retrieved 13 May 2014.
- Mitchell, Preston (1 April 2013). "Former Centennial High star Brent Morel will begin the 2013 season in AAA Charlotte". KERO-TV. Retrieved 13 May 2014.
- "JARED NORRIS". utahutes.com. Archived from the original on October 24, 2016. Retrieved October 23, 2016.
|This California school-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|