Centennial High School (Bakersfield, California)
|Centennial High School|
|8601 Hageman Road
Bakersfield, California, 93312
|School district||Kern High School District|
|Vice principal||Lloyd Fries|
|School colour(s)||Red, White, and Gold|
|Slogan||Home of the Golden Hawks|
|Athletics conference||Southwest Yosemite League|
|Rival||Stockdale, Bakersfield, Liberty|
|Newspaper||The Hawk Eye|
Centennial High School is a public high school located in Bakersfield, California. Its opening in 1993 marked the 100 year anniversary of the Kern High School District. Centennial is the home of many nationally recognized extra-curricular academic programs, including Virtual Business and We The People, both of which have finished ranked in the top 5 nationally in the school's history. As of 2011, Centennial has an API score of 841, surpassing Stockdale High's API score, the highest in the Kern High School District.
Centennial's athletic teams are known as the Centennial Golden Hawks and wear the school's colors of red, white, and gold. As part of the Southwest Yosemite League, the Golden Hawks compete in football, baseball, boys and girls soccer and basketball, track & field, cross country, women's volleyball, boys and girls tennis, swim, and dive. The women's volleyball team won the state championship in 1996. They also won the valley championships 2010. The football team went undefeated in league play for the first 10 years of the program.
- Megan Langenfeld, softball player
- Brent Morel, baseball player
- Cody Kessler, USC quarterback
- Jarret Martin, Minor league baseball player
- Evans, Jeff (20 February 2013). "Langenfeld is more than a 'one-trick pony'". The Bakersfield Californian. Retrieved 13 May 2014.
- Mitchell, Preston (1 April 2013). "Former Centennial High star Brent Morel will begin the 2013 season in AAA Charlotte". KERO-TV. Retrieved 13 May 2014.
- Klein, Gary (10 December 2013). "USC's Cody Kessler, Fresno State's Derek Carr share Bakersfield roots". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved 13 May 2014.
- "Jarret Martin traded to Dodgers, who also land free agent Harang". The Bakersfield Californian. 8 December 2011. Retrieved 13 May 2014.
|This California school-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|