Center Branch Wildlife Management Area
|Center Branch Wildlife Management Area|
|West Virginia Wildlife Management Area|
Entrance sign along Turkey Run Road
|Elevation||1,175 ft (358.1 m) |
|Area||975 acres (394.6 ha) |
|Management||Wildlife Resources Section, WVDNR|
|Owner||West Virginia Division of Natural Resources|
|IUCN category||IV - Habitat/Species government Area|
|Nearest town||Stonewood, West Virginia|
|Wikimedia Commons: Center Branch Wildlife Management Area|
Center Branch Wildlife Management Area is located on 975 acres (395 ha) in Harrison County near Stonewood, West Virginia. The WMA is located on a former strip mine site, and contains several flat benches and high walls. Second growth oak-hickory and mixed hardwoods forests cover much of the land.
Center Branch is located along Turkey Run, a tributary of Elk Creek and the West Fork River. The main entrance is via Turkey Run Road (County Route 20/11) off West Virginia Route 20 near Stonewood.
- Acme Mapper 2.0, Turkey Run Road in Center Branch WMA, retrieved August 10, 2008
- "Center Branch WMA page". WV Division of Natural Resources. Retrieved 2008-08-10.
- Mount Clare, West Virginia quadrangle (Map). 1:24,000. 7.5-Minute Series (Topographic). U.S. Geological Survey. 1976.
- Clarksburg, West Virginia quadrangle (Map). 1:24,000. 7.5-Minute Series (Topographic). U.S. Geological Survey. 1996. ISBN 0-607-93811-0.
- "West Virginia Wildlife Management Areas". West Virginia Division of Natural Resources. Archived from the original on 2008-04-15. Retrieved 2008-08-10.