Center Township, Columbiana County, Ohio
|Center Township, Columbiana County, Ohio|
This barn on Ohio State Route 172 has an ecological message
Location of Center Township in Columbiana County
|• Total||35.5 sq mi (92.0 km2)|
|• Land||35.3 sq mi (91.5 km2)|
|• Water||0.2 sq mi (0.5 km2)|
|Elevation||1,086 ft (331 m)|
|• Density||179/sq mi (69.0/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||1085890|
Center Township is one of the eighteen townships of Columbiana County, Ohio, United States. The 2010 census reported 6,313 people living in the township, 3,525 of whom lived in the unincorporated portions of the township.
Located in the center of the county, it borders the following townships:
- Salem Township - north
- Fairfield Township - northeast corner
- Elkrun Township - east
- Madison Township - southeast corner
- Wayne Township - south
- Franklin Township - southwest
- Hanover Township - west
- Butler Township - northwest corner
One village is located in Center Township:
Name and history
The township is governed by a three-member board of trustees, who are elected in November of odd-numbered years to a four-year term beginning on the following January 1. Two are elected in the year after the presidential election and one is elected in the year before it. There is also an elected township fiscal officer, who serves a four-year term beginning on April 1 of the year after the election, which is held in November of the year before the presidential election. Vacancies in the fiscal officership or on the board of trustees are filled by the remaining trustees.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Archived from the original on 2013-09-11. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (G001): Center township, Columbiana County, Ohio". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Retrieved January 27, 2015.
- "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (G001): Remainder of Center township, Center township, Columbiana County, Ohio". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Retrieved January 27, 2015.
- "Detailed map of Ohio" (PDF). United States Census Bureau. 2000. Retrieved 2007-02-16.
- Cranmer, Gibson Lamb (1891). History of the upper Ohio Valley. 2. Madison, Wisconsin: Brant & Fuller. p. 22.
- McCord, William B. (1905). History of Columbiana County, Ohio and Representative Citizens. Biographical Publishing Company. p. 268.
- §503.24, §505.01, and §507.01 of the Ohio Revised Code. Accessed 4/30/2009.