Center Township, Delaware County, Indiana
Location of Center Township in Delaware County
|• Type||Indiana township|
|• Total||34.75 sq mi (90.0 km2)|
|• Land||34.48 sq mi (89.3 km2)|
|• Water||0.27 sq mi (0.7 km2)|
|Elevation||942 ft (287 m)|
|• Density||2,007/sq mi (775/km2)|
|GNIS feature ID||453176|
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 34.75 square miles (90.0 km2), of which 34.48 square miles (89.3 km2) (or 99.22%) is land and 0.27 square miles (0.70 km2) (or 0.78%) is water. Burlington Lake and Phillips Lake are in this township.
Cities and towns
- Muncie (vast majority)
(This list is based on USGS data and may include former settlements.)
- Hamilton Township (north)
- Delaware Township (northeast)
- Liberty Township (east)
- Perry Township (southeast)
- Monroe Township (south)
- Salem Township (southwest)
- Mount Pleasant Township (west)
- Harrison Township (northwest)
The township contains two cemeteries: Beech Grove and Elm Ridge Memorial Park.
- "Center Township, Delaware County, Indiana". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2009-09-24.
- United States Census Bureau cartographic boundary files
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Archived from the original on 2013-09-11. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - State -- County Subdivision -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-10.