Center Township, Greene County, Indiana
Location in Greene County
|• Type||Indiana township|
|• Total||48.2 sq mi (125 km2)|
|• Land||48.2 sq mi (125 km2)|
|• Water||0.01 sq mi (0.03 km2) 0.02%|
|Elevation||676 ft (206 m)|
|• Density||73.3/sq mi (28.3/km2)|
|GNIS feature ID||0453179|
|Source: US Census Bureau|
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 48.2 square miles (125 km2), of which 48.2 square miles (125 km2) (or 100%) is land and 0.01 square miles (0.026 km2) (or 0.02%) is water. The streams of Anderson Branch, Bridge Creek and Little Clifty Branch run through this township.
(This list is based on USGS data and may include former settlements.)
- Beech Creek Township (north)
- Van Buren Township, Monroe County (northeast)
- Indian Creek Township, Monroe County (east)
- Perry Township, Lawrence County (southeast)
- Jackson Township (south)
- Taylor Township (southwest)
- Richland Township (west)
The township contains eight cemeteries: Beech, Bingham, Burch, Carmichael, Flynn, Lawrence, Sparks and Stone.
- "Center Township, Greene County, Indiana". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2009-09-24.
- United States Census Bureau cartographic boundary files
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-10.
|This Greene County, Indiana location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|