Center Township, Hendricks County, Indiana
Location in Hendricks County
|• Type||Indiana township|
|• Total||46.22 sq mi (119.72 km2)|
|• Land||46.11 sq mi (119.43 km2)|
|• Water||0.11 sq mi (0.29 km2) 0.24%|
|Elevation||866 ft (264 m)|
|• Density||263.9/sq mi (101.9/km2)|
|GNIS feature ID||0453181|
Center Township was so named from its position near the geographical center of Hendricks County.
Center Township covers an area of 46.22 square miles (119.7 km2); of this, 0.11 square miles (0.28 km2) or 0.24 percent is water. The stream of Thompson Creek runs through this township.
Cities and towns
- Danville (the county seat)
(This list is based on USGS data and may include former settlements.)
- Union Township (north)
- Middle Township (northeast)
- Washington Township (east)
- Liberty Township (south)
- Clay Township (southwest)
- Marion Township (west)
- Eel River Township (northwest)
The township contains twenty-one cemeteries: Arnold, Arnold-Stuart, Ayears, Christie East, Christie West, Cofer, Danville East, Danville South, Gentry, Hardwick, Hillside, Hyten, Kiger, Mill Creek, Mount Pleasant, New Mill Creek (historical), Nichols, Noland Number 2, Primitive Baptist, Saint Augustine Memorial Gardens and Templin.
Airports and landing strips
- Temple Airport
- "Center Township, Hendricks County, Indiana". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2009-09-24.
- United States Census Bureau cartographic boundary files
- United States Census Bureau American FactFinder
- History of Hendricks County, Indiana: Together with Sketches of Its Cities, Villages and Towns. Inter-State Publishing Company. 1885. p. 481.