Center Township, Marion County, Indiana
Location in Marion County
|• Type||Indiana township|
|• Trustee||Eugene A. Akers|
|• Total||42.7 sq mi (111 km2)|
|• Land||41.85 sq mi (108.4 km2)|
|• Water||0.84 sq mi (2.2 km2) 1.97%|
|Elevation||715 ft (218 m)|
|• Density||3,411.6/sq mi (1,317.2/km2)|
46107, 46201, 46202, 46203, 46204, 46205, 46208, 46217, 46218, 46219, 46221, 46222, 46225, 46237
|GNIS feature ID||0453186|
Center Township is one of nine townships in Marion County, Indiana, in the United States. As of the 2010 census, its population was 142,787 and it contained 76,872 housing units. It is the most populated township in Marion County.
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 42.7 square miles (111 km2), of which 41.85 square miles (108.4 km2) (or 98.01%) is land and 0.84 square miles (2.2 km2) (or 1.97%) is water.
- Belmont at
- Clifton at
- Ingallston at
- North Indianapolis at
- Woodruff Place at
- Brightwood at
- Clifford Park at
(These towns are listed as "historical" by the USGS.)
The township contains five notable cemeteries: Concordia, Crown Hill, Hebrew, Holy Cross and Saint Joseph, and New Crown.
Airports and landing strips
- ISHC Landing Pad
- Indiana Department of Natural Resources Airport
- Indianapolis Downtown Heliport
- Methodist Hospital Helistop
- Sullivan Lake
- Julia Carson, former U.S. Representative and onetime Center Township Trustee.
- Andre Carson, current Representative for Indiana's 7th Congressional District, grandson of Julia Carson.
- Beech Grove City Schools
- Indianapolis Public Schools
- Indiana's 7th congressional district
- State House District 100
- State House District 86
- State House District 96
- State House District 97
- State House District 98
- State House District 99
- State Senate District 31
- State Senate District 32
- State Senate District 33
- State Senate District 34
- State Senate District 35
- State Senate District 36
- "Center Township, Marion County, Indiana". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2009-09-29.
- United States Census Bureau 2008 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Archived from the original on 2020-02-12. Retrieved 2013-05-10. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)