Center Township, Marshall County, Indiana
Intersection of U.S. 31 and 11th Road, in Center Township
Location in Marshall County
|• Type||Indiana township|
|• Total||59.79 sq mi (154.9 km2)|
|• Land||59.31 sq mi (153.6 km2)|
|• Water||0.48 sq mi (1.2 km2) 0.80%|
|Elevation||827 ft (252 m)|
|• Density||262.9/sq mi (101.5/km2)|
|ZIP codes||46501, 46504, 46563|
|GNIS feature ID||0453187|
Center Township was established in 1836.
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 59.79 square miles (154.9 km2), of which 59.31 square miles (153.6 km2) (or 99.20%) is land and 0.48 square miles (1.2 km2) (or 0.80%) is water.
Cities, towns, villages
- Plymouth (vast majority)
- Inwood at
(This list is based on USGS data and may include former settlements.)
The township contains these five cemeteries: Nighthart, Oak Hill, Saint Michaels, Salem and Tabor.
Airports and landing strips
- Plymouth Municipal Airport
- Tri State Airport
- Dixon Lake
- Lawrence Lake
- Centennial Park
- The Lewis and Sarah Boggs House, Jacoby Church and Cemetery, Marshall County Infirmary, and Hoham-Klinghammer-Weckerle House and Brewery Site are listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
- Plymouth Community School Corporation
Center Township residents may obtain a free library card from the Plymouth Public Library in Plymouth.
- Indiana's 2nd congressional district
- State House District 17
- State Senate District 5
- "Center Township, Marshall County, Indiana". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2009-09-29.
- United States Census Bureau 2008 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-10.
- McDonald, Daniel (1908). A Twentieth Century History of Marshall County, Indiana, Volume 1. Lewis Publishing Company. p. 86.
- National Park Service (2010-07-09). "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service.
- "National Register of Historic Places Listings". Weekly List of Actions Taken on Properties: 6/11/12 through 6/15/12. National Park Service. 2012-06-22.
- "Library Card". Plymouth Public Library. Retrieved 10 March 2018.