Center Township, Martin County, Indiana
Location in Martin County
|• Type||Indiana township|
|• Total||40.21 sq mi (104.1 km2)|
|• Land||39.46 sq mi (102.2 km2)|
|• Water||0.75 sq mi (1.9 km2) 1.87%|
|Elevation||505 ft (154 m)|
|• Density||41.9/sq mi (16.2/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|ZIP codes||47553, 47581|
|Area code(s)||812, 930|
|GNIS feature ID||453188|
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 40.21 square miles (104.1 km2), of which 39.46 square miles (102.2 km2) (or 98.13%) is land and 0.75 square miles (1.9 km2) (or 1.87%) is water.
Cities, towns, villages
- Shoals (west half)
(This list is based on USGS data and may include former settlements.)
The township contains these three cemeteries: Hall, McBrides and Sholts.
- Shoals Community School Corporation
- Indiana's 8th congressional district
- State House District 62
- State House District 63
- State Senate District 48
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. October 25, 2007. Retrieved 2017-05-09.
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-10.
- "Center Township, Martin County, Indiana". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2009-09-29.
- United States Census Bureau 2008 TIGER/Line Shapefiles