Center Township, Monroe County, Ohio
|Center Township, Monroe County, Ohio|
State Route 78 east of Woodsfield
Location of Center Township in Monroe County
|• Total||41.4 sq mi (107.2 km2)|
|• Land||41.3 sq mi (107.1 km2)|
|• Water||0.0 sq mi (0.1 km2)|
|Elevation||1,178 ft (359 m)|
|• Density||88/sq mi (34/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||1086649|
Located in the center of the county, it borders the following townships:
- Sunsbury Township - northeast
- Adams Township - east
- Green Township - southeast
- Perry Township - south
- Wayne Township - southwest
- Summit Township - west
- Malaga Township - northwest
Name and history
The township is governed by a three-member board of trustees, who are elected in November of odd-numbered years to a four-year term beginning on the following January 1. Two are elected in the year after the presidential election and one is elected in the year before it. There is also an elected township fiscal officer, who serves a four-year term beginning on April 1 of the year after the election, which is held in November of the year before the presidential election. Vacancies in the fiscal officership or on the board of trustees are filled by the remaining trustees.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Archived from the original on 2013-09-11. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Profile of General Population and Housing Characteristics: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (DP-1): Center township, Monroe County, Ohio". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Archived from the original on September 11, 2013. Retrieved June 4, 2012.
- "Detailed map of Ohio" (PDF). United States Census Bureau. 2000. Retrieved 2007-02-16.
- §503.24, §505.01, and §507.01 of the Ohio Revised Code. Accessed 4/30/2009.