Center Township, Morgan County, Ohio
|Center Township, Morgan County, Ohio|
Former township school at Hackney
Location of Center Township in Morgan County
|• Total||32.3 sq mi (83.7 km2)|
|• Land||32.2 sq mi (83.5 km2)|
|• Water||0.1 sq mi (0.2 km2)|
|Elevation||709 ft (216 m)|
|• Density||20.2/sq mi (7.8/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||1086685|
Located in the eastern part of the county, it borders the following townships:
- Manchester Township - north
- Sharon Township, Noble County - northeast
- Jackson Township, Noble County - east
- Adams Township, Washington County - southeast corner
- Waterford Township, Washington County - south
- Windsor Township - southwest
- Meigsville Township - west
- Bristol Township - northwest corner
Despite its name, Center Township is not in the center of Morgan County; it is located farther east than any other township in the county.
No municipalities are located in Center Township.
Name and history
The township is governed by a three-member board of trustees, who are elected in November of odd-numbered years to a four-year term beginning on the following January 1. Two are elected in the year after the presidential election and one is elected in the year before it. There is also an elected township fiscal officer, who serves a four-year term beginning on April 1 of the year after the election, which is held in November of the year before the presidential election. Vacancies in the fiscal officership or on the board of trustees are filled by the remaining trustees.
As of 2007, the trustees are Richard Border, Thomas Brothes, and Donald Reynolds, and the clerk is Joan Duskey.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Archived from the original on 2013-09-11. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- Morgan County, Ohio — Population by Places Estimates Ohio State University, 2007. Accessed 15 May 2007.
- "Detailed map of Ohio" (PDF). United States Census Bureau. 2000. Retrieved 2007-02-16.
- §503.24, §505.01, and §507.01 of the Ohio Revised Code. Accessed 4/30/2009.
- http://www.morgancounty-oh.gov/center%20officials.htm, Morgan County. Accessed 2007-07-02.