Center Township, Porter County, Indiana
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Downtown Valparaiso, Indiana
|• Type||Indiana township|
|• Total||29.8 sq mi (77.19 km2)|
|• Land||29.4 sq mi (76.13 km2)|
|• Water||0.41 sq mi (1.06 km2)|
|Elevation||774 ft (236 m)|
|• Density||1,472.0/sq mi (568.33/km2)|
|GNIS feature ID||453189|
Center Township was organized in 1836, and named for its location at the geographic center of Porter County.
Cities and towns
Valparaiso is also the home of Valparaiso University.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Archived from the original on 2013-09-11. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (DP-1): Center township, Porter County, Indiana". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Retrieved March 22, 2013.
- History of Porter County, Indiana : a narrative account of its historical progress, its people and its principal interests. Lewis Publishing Company. 1912. p. 136.
- Porter County, Indiana Sesquicentennial, 150, 1836-1986
- Indiana Township Association
- United Township Association of Indiana
- Township Trustee Website
- Center Township Trustee Charles Conover Facebook Page
|This Porter County, Indiana location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|