Center for Economic Progress
The Center for Economic Progress (CEP) is a non-profit organization based in Chicago that offers free tax preparation and financial services to low-income families. Since its founding in 1990, CEP has helped families obtain $400 million in refunds.  
As part of the IRS Volunteer Income Tax Assistance Program, CEP provides free tax preparation at sites in Chicago and surrounding Illinois during tax season to families that earn under $50,000 annually or individuals who earn under $25,000. It also promoted the 2010 US Census at its tax sites in neighborhoods that showed especially low response rates in 2000.
CEP employs approximately 50 staff members and recruits more than one thousand volunteer tax preparers each year.
- "Center for Economic Progress: About Us". Center for Economic Progress. Retrieved 8 July 2010.
- "Meet The Center for Economic Progress". dealcrunch. Retrieved 1 April 2016.
- Cepeda, Esther J. (15 February 2010). "Volunteers help make tax time a little less taxing for low-income". 600words.com. Chicago Sun-Times. Retrieved 8 July 2010.
- Finkel, Ed (26 March 2010). "Lower-income filers receive free tax prep". newcommunities.org. LISC/Chicago's New Communities Program. Retrieved 8 July 2010.
- "Tax and Financial Services Highlights." (PDF). Center for Economic Progress. Retrieved 6 July 2010.
|This article related to a non-profit organization is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|