Center for Libertarian Studies
This article needs additional citations for verification. (February 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
The Center for Libertarian Studies (CLS) was a libertarian and anarcho-capitalist oriented educational organization founded in 1976 by Murray Rothbard and Burton Blumert, which grew out of the Libertarian Scholars Conferences. That year, the conference was sponsored by industrialist and libertarian Charles Koch and several papers were presented in which speakers, including Koch, suggested that the John Birch Society and the Hitler Youth were organizations that libertarians could learn organizing lessons from. It published the Journal of Libertarian Studies from 1977 to 2000 (now published by the Ludwig von Mises Institute), a newsletter (In Pursuit of Liberty), several monographs, and sponsors conferences, seminars, and symposia.
Originally headquartered in New York, it later moved to Burlingame, California.
- Justin Raimondo, Reclaiming the American Right (1993).
- Joseph Sobran, How I Got Fired by Bill Buckley (1994).
- Justin Raimondo, Clinton's Hate Campaign Against the Right: the Oklahoma City Bombing and the Campaign to Crush Dissent (1995)
- Murray Rothbard, Wall Street, Banks, and American Foreign Policy (1995).
- The Rothbard-Rockwell Report (1990–1999)
Occasional Papers Series
- Methodology of the Austrian School, Lawrence White
- The Production of Security, Gustave de Molinari
- Toward a Reconstruction of Utility and Welfare Economics, Murray Rothbard (1977)
- The Political Economy of Liberal Corporativism, essays by Joseph Stromberg, Roy A. Childs, and Roger Alexander
- Theory of Classical Liberal "Industrielisme", Augustin Thierry
- Why the Futile Crusade?, Leonard Liggio
- The Clash of Group Interests and Other Essays, Ludwig von Mises (1978)
- The Austrian Theory of the Trade Cycle and other essays by Ludwig von Mises, Gottfried Haberler, Murray Rothbard, and Friedrich A. Hayek, Richard Ebeling, ed. (1978)
- Austrian Economics: an Annotated Bibliography, Richard Ebeling
- Frank S. Meyer: The Fusionist as Libertarian Manqué, Murray Rothbard (1984)
- Online Archive of the Rothbard-Rockwell Report
- Nozick and Rothbard at the WTC by Burton S. Blumert at lewrockwell.com
- Online archive of the Journal of Libertarian Studies