Centers for Disease Control (Taiwan)
Jíbìng Guǎnzhì Shǔ (Mandarin)
Chhi̍t-phiang Kón-chṳ Su (Hakka)
|Formed||1 July 1999|
|Jurisdiction||Republic of China|
|Parent agency||Ministry of Health and Welfare|
The Centers for Disease Control (CDC; Chinese: 衛生福利部疾病管制署; pinyin: Wèishēng Fúlì Bù Jíbìng Guǎnzhì Shǔ; Pe̍h-ōe-jī: Ōe-seng Hok-lī Pō͘ Chi̍t-pēⁿ Koán-chè Sú) is the agency of the Ministry of Health and Welfare of Republic of China that combats the threat of communicable diseases.
The agency was established on 1 July 1999.
- Information Management Office
- Personnel Office
- Civil Service Ethics Office
- Accounting and Statistics Office
- Division of Planning and Coordination
- Division of Infection Control and Biosafety
- Division of Acute Infectious Diseases
- Division of Chronic Infectious Diseases
- Division of Preparedness and Emerging Infectious Diseases
- Division of Quarantine
- Epidemic Intelligence Center
- Center for Diagnostics and Vaccine Development
- Taipei Regional Center
- Northern Regional Center
- Central Regional Center
- Eastern Regional Center
- Southern Regional Center
- Kaohsiung-Pingtung Regional Center
The agency subsidizes a methadone maintenance treatment program in Taiwan. This includes providing methadone for addicts as well as providing psychiatrists, nurses, and case works, additionally the program "also provides educational programs for specific patients who were under conditions of deferred prosecution."
- "Centers for Disease Control,R.O.C." Centers for Disease Control,R.O.C.
- "Centers for Disease Control, R.O.C." cdc.gov.tw. Retrieved 2014-08-23.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2015-07-14. Retrieved 2015-07-14.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "Archived copy" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on 2016-09-11. Retrieved 2016-09-02.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- Lee, Hsin-Ya; Li, Jih-Heng; Wu, Li-Tzy; Wu, Jin-Song; Yen, Cheng-Fang; Tang, Hsin-Pei (2012-03-20). "Survey of methadone-drug interactions among patients of methadone maintenance treatment program in Taiwan". Substance Abuse Treatment, Prevention, and Policy. 7 (1). doi:10.1186/1747-597x-7-11. PMC 3373376.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Centers for Disease Control, Ministry of Health and Welfare (Republic of China).|