Centinela Freeman Regional Medical Center, Memorial Campus
|Centinela Freeman Regional Medical Center, Memorial Campus|
|Centinela Freeman HealthSystem|
|Location||Inglewood, California, United States|
|Lists||Hospitals in California|
Centinela Freeman Regional Medical Center, Memorial Campus was a hospital that was located at 333 N. Prairie Ave, Inglewood, California, USA. The hospital was operated by Centinela Freeman HealthSystem, and was one of the three campuses of the Centinela Freeman Regional Medical Center.
The hospital was founded by the Sisters of St. Joseph of Carondelet in 1954 as Daniel Freeman Memorial Hospital, named after Daniel Freeman, founder of the city of Inglewood. Carondelet later purchased a hospital in Marina del Rey and named it Daniel Freeman Marina Hospital. The two Daniel Freeman hospitals were acquired in 2001 by Tenet Healthcare. The name was changed in 2004, when the hospital was transferred to the Centinela Freeman HealthSystem.
Daniel Freeman Memorial Hospital transferred most medical services away from the facility in 2006, and was closed in 2007, after consolidating its services with Centinela Hospital Medical Center. Centinela Hospital Medical Center continues to operate after being purchased by Prime Healthcare Services in 2007. The Centinela Freeman HealthSystem's remaining hospital, Daniel Freeman Marina Hospital continued operations as Marina Del Rey Hospital, an independent for-profit facility for several years before being purchased by Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in 2015.
Bonanza actor Dan Blocker died of a pulmonary embolism there after being discharged from the hospital following routine gall bladder surgery.
- Centinela Freeman Regional Medical Center, Centinela Campus
- Centinela Freeman Regional Medical Center, Marina Campus
- Frank D. Parent, headed fund drive to establish hospital, 1952
- "About Us" Archived June 30, 2007, at the Wayback Machine, Memorial Campus website
- "Our Hospitals" Archived June 7, 2007, at the Wayback Machine, Centinela Freeman website
- "Tenet files application with state to acquire Daniel Freeman Hospitals" Archived 2007-09-28 at the Wayback Machine, The Argonaut, August 30, 2001
- "Tenet Completes Acquisition of Daniel Freeman Hospitals", Business Wire, December 17, 2001
- "Tenet Signs Agreement to Transfer Three West Los Angeles Hospitals to Centinela Freeman HealthSystem" Archived August 14, 2007, at the Wayback Machine, August 31, 2004
- "800 at Memorial Hospital in Inglewood Given Layoff Notices", October 19, 2006
- "Hospitals under stress", December 20, 2008
- Centinela Freeman Regional Medical Center, Marina Campus website — Marina del Rey, California.
|This article relating to a hospital in California is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|