|• Total||3.024 sq mi (7.83 km2)|
|• Density||18,544/sq mi (7,160/km2)|
|Time zone||UTC-6 (CST)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-5 (CDT)|
55401, 55402, 55403, 55404, 55405, 55411, 55415, 55454, 55487
The Central Minneapolis community is located in the central part of the city, consisting of 6 smaller official neighborhoods, and includes Downtown Minneapolis and the central business district. It also includes the many old flour mills, the Mill District, and other historical and industrial areas of Downtown Minneapolis. It also includes some high-density residential areas surrounding it, excluding areas east of the Mississippi River. Businesses based in the Central area include the corporate headquarters of Target, US Bank, and the broadcast facilities of Minnesota CBS station WCCO-TV.
Official neighborhoods in the Central community
- Downtown East
- Downtown West where most of the high-rise office buildings are located
- Elliot Park
- Loring Park
- North Loop commonly referred to as the Warehouse District
- Stevens Square/Loring Heights
View of downtown Minneapolis from the Stone Arch Bridge.
Downtown Minneapolis from Bde Maka Ska.
Minneapolis Skyline from Target Field.
The Foshay Tower
33 South Sixth, also known as the City Center.
The Hennepin County Government Center, the site of the Occupy Minnesota protests.
US Bank Plaza, the 6th tallest building in Minneapolis.
- "Greater Central neighborhood in Minneapolis, Minnesota (MN), 55401, 55402, 55403, 55404, 55415 detailed profile". City-Data. 2011. Retrieved 2013-11-12.
- "Downtown Minneapolis Population Grows, Again". 9 February 2022.
- "Minneapolis Community Profile: Central" (PDF). Minnesota Compass. October 2011. Retrieved 2013-11-12.
- Central, Minneapolis, MN. Google Earth. Retrieved 2011-03-09.