Central Bank of Kuwait
|Established||30 June 1969|
|Governor||Mohammad Al Hashel|
|Central bank of||State of Kuwait|
KWD (ISO 4217)
The Central Bank of Kuwait offers a strict currency system on behalf of the State of Kuwait. The bank regulates Kuwaiti stock market along with the Kuwait Stock Exchange, the Ministry of Commerce and Industry and the Ministry of Finance.
Salem Abdulaziz Al Sabah served as the governor of the bank until February 2012. Dr. Mohammad Al Hashel succeeded Sabah as governor in March 2012 and Yousef Al Obaid as deputy governor in May 2012.
- Al Loughani, Nabeel; Chappell, David (2001). "Modelling the day-of-the-week effect in the Kuwait Stock Exchange: a nonlinear GARCH representation". Applied Financial Economics. 11 (4): 353. doi:10.1080/096031001300313910. Retrieved 30 December 2013.
- "Index". Central Bank of Kuwait. Retrieved 30 September 2014.
- "Synopsis of Kuwait's Actions to Combat Terrorist Finance". Wikileaks. 23 February 2005. Retrieved 10 September 2014.
- "About CBK: Organization". Central Bank of Kuwait. Retrieved 8 February 2011.
- Armitstead, Louise (13 February 2012). "Kuwait's central bank boss Sheikh Salem Abdulaziz Al Sabah quits after criticising state". The Telegraph. Retrieved 11 October 2013.
- "Kuwait to take measures to cut spending - cenbank". Arabian Business. Reuters. 1 October 2012. Retrieved 11 October 2013.
|This Asian bank-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Kuwait-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|