Central Bucks High School West
This article needs additional citations for verification. (December 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Central Bucks High School West|
375 West Court Street
|Type||Public high school|
|Principal||Timothy P. Donovan|
|Student to teacher ratio||16.8:1|
|Color(s)||Black and Gold|
|Mascot||The Buck (Buckshot)|
|Website||CB West website|
Central Bucks High School West is a public high school serving students in tenth through twelfth grades, the oldest of the three high schools in the Central Bucks School District. CB West, as it is commonly known, is located in the Borough of Doylestown, Pennsylvania in Bucks County. It was constructed in 1952 as the successor to Doylestown High School, which later burned down. Originally named Central Bucks Joint Junior Senior High School, the school's name was changed to Central Bucks High School West in 1969 with the opening of the district's second high school, Central Bucks High School East. CB West pulls its students from Doylestown, Chalfont, New Britain Township, Plumsteadville, Plumstead Township. Students come from Lenape Middle School and Tohickon Middle School. Its sister schools are Central Bucks High School East and the newer Central Bucks High School South.
As of the 2014-15 school year, the school had an enrollment of 1,466 students and 87.2 classroom teachers (on an FTE basis), for a student–teacher ratio of 16.8:1. There were 92 students (6.3% of enrollment) eligible for free lunch and 35 (2.4% of students) eligible for reduced-cost lunch.
Middle Bucks Institute of Technology
CB West (as well as the other CB high schools, Council Rock, and Centennial School Districts) has a partnership with the Middle Bucks Institute of Technology. This partnership allows students the opportunity to spend half of their school day in traditional classes on the main campus, and half of the day studying their chosen vocation at MBIT. Clusters include, Architecture and Construction, Arts, A/V Technology and Communications, Health Science, Hospitality and Tourism, Human Services, Information Technology, Law, Public Safety and Security, Science, Mathematics, Technology and Engineering, Transportation, Distribution, and Logistics. After completion of the program, students are ready and able to join the workforce.
This section needs additional citations for verification. (July 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
- Joe Conti, politician
- Fred Fielding, White House Counsel
- Scott Green, NFL referee
- Jon Hensley, actor
- James A. Michener, author (graduated from Doylestown High School)
- Margaret Mead, anthropologist
- Pink, singer
- Mike Pettine, NFL coach
- Mike Senica, ARCA Racing Series and NASCAR driver
- Michael Smerconish, radio personality
- Jim Jensen, NFL quarterback and wide receiver
- School data for Central Bucks Hs-West, National Center for Education Statistics. Accessed December 12, 2016.
- "Central Bucks HS-West". National Center for Education Statistics. Retrieved September 2, 2019.
- "Pennsylvania State Senate - Joe Conti Biography". www.legis.state.pa.us. Retrieved 10 March 2019.
- "Jon Hensley". IMDb. Retrieved 2018-01-11.
- https://books.google.com/books?id=4t6wPzwJ9DoC&pg=PA17&lpg=PA17&dq=Margaret+Mead+Doylestown+High+School&source=bl&ots=D9YAnmK60q&sig=oszTtlJxYT5WDpJdPRVwkqbhuCI&hl=en&sa=X&ei=lZ--UvDoEsn3oATM84G4DQ&ved=0CFcQ6AEwBg#v=onepage&q=Margaret%20Mead%20Doylestown%20High%20School&f=false -- Page 16 "Then a public High school in Doylestown.. There was only one public high school in Doylestown in the 1920s