Central Building Research Institute
|This article does not cite any references or sources. (December 2013)|
|Central Building Research Institute|
CBRI Campus in Roorkee
|Director||Prof. S. K. Bhattacharyya|
|Location||Roorkee-247 667, Uttarakhand|
The Central Building Research Institute (CBRI) at Roorkee, Uttarakhand, India, is a constituent establishment of Council of Scientific and Industrial Research, India and has been vested with the responsibility of generating, cultivating and promoting building science and technology in the service of the country.
The Institute maintains relationships with national and international standards setting groups like CIB in the Netherlands; TWAS in Italy; BRE in the United Kingdom; ASTM in the United States; CSIRO in Australia; RILEM in France; BRS in Canada and UNCHS in Nairobi, Kenya.
At the national level of India, the Institute has close interaction with BMTPC, HUDCO, DST, Ministry of Urban Development, Ministry of Rural Areas, Housing Boards and Societies of the State Governments, engineering and academic institutions, construction and building material industries.
The objects of the CBRI are:
- To carry out applied and basic research in all areas of building science to solve problems confronting the country in:
- Shelter planning
- Building materials
- Structures and Foundations
- Disaster mitigation including Fire Engineering
- To develop new technologies for the promotion of building materials and systems
- To disseminate the results of research far and wide for the good of community
- To transfer the developed technologies to the industry for further commercialization.
- Prof. S. K. Bhattacharyya, 2009-
- R. N. Iyengar 1994-2000