Central Coast Adventist School
|Central Coast Adventist School|
|Erina, New South Wales
|Motto||Latin: Nihil Sine Deo
(Nothing Without God)
|Key people||John Hammond (Founding principal)|
|Colour(s)||Silver, Blue, White|
|Website||Central Coast Adventist School|
|Part of a series on|
Seventh-day Adventist portal
Central Coast Adventist School is a P-12 co-educational private school located in Erina, New South Wales, Australia. Founded in 1969, the school is a part of the Seventh-day Adventist education system, the world's second largest Christian school system.
The school was established in 1969. John Hammond was the first principal with 18 students. The school has grown to over 900 students today.
The school was established on former farm land which was donated to the local church for the establishment of the school. Local church member, Kevin Chugg, built two classrooms at a total cost of $16,000.
The school buildings have also changed over time. As early as 1995 the school only had two buildings, the white building at the top of the school (which has been removed) and the old primary school rooms (which have been removed).
About the school
The Central Coast Adventist School is owned and operated by the Seventh-day Adventist Church in Australia.
- List of Seventh-day Adventist secondary and elementary schools
- Seventh-day Adventist education
- Seventh-day Adventist Church
- Seventh-day Adventist theology
- History of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
- List of Seventh-day Adventist secondary schools
- List of Non-Government schools in New South Wales
- http://www.csmonitor.com/Commentary/Opinion/2010/1115/For-real-education-reform-take-a-cue-from-the-Adventists"the second largest Christian school system in the world has been steadily outperforming the national average – across all demographics."
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 23 March 2015. Retrieved 2016-03-31.
- "Department of Education, Seventh-day Adventist Church". Retrieved 2010-06-18.
- Rogers, Wendi; Kellner, Mark A. (1 April 2003). "World Church: A Closer Look at Higher Education". Adventist News Network. Archived from the original on 24 July 2011. Retrieved 2010-06-19.
- Linda Doherty (2003-06-23). "Adventists look outwards to grow". Sydney Morning Herald. Retrieved 2006-04-11.
- "History of Erina - Gosford City Council". Retrieved 2006-05-27.