Central Connecticut Blue Devils baseball
- For information on all Central Connecticut State University sports, see Central Connecticut Blue Devils
|Central Connecticut Blue Devils|
|University||Central Connecticut State University|
|Head coach||Charlie Hickey (18th season)|
|Location||New Britain, CT|
|Home stadium||Balf–Savin Field
|Colors||Blue and White
|NCAA Tournament appearances|
|2002, 2003, 2004, 2010, 2017|
|Conference tournament champions|
|2002, 2003, 2004, 2010|
The Central Connecticut Blue Devils baseball team is a varsity intercollegiate athletic team of Central Connecticut State University in New Britain, Connecticut, United States. The team is a member of the Northeast Conference, which is part of the National Collegiate Athletic Association's Division I. Central Connecticut State's first baseball team was fielded in 1935. The team plays its home games at Balf–Savin Field in New Britain, which opened in 2010 and seats 1,000. The Blue Devils are coached by Charlie Hickey.
The Blue Devils have claimed four Northeast Conference Baseball Tournament championships and appeared in the NCAA Division I Baseball Championship four times. The 2010 team set several offensive school records en route to their most recent Regional appearance in the Norwich Regional.
This table reflects the documented coaching history through the 2016 season.
- CCSU Identity Manual (PDF). May 1, 2011. Retrieved April 6, 2016.
- "2017 Record Book" (PDF). Central Connecticut Blue Devils. Retrieved February 12, 2017.
- Mike Anthony (May 21, 2014). "Central Starts in NEC Baseball Tournament Thursday". Hartford Courant. Retrieved February 12, 2017.
- Jim Fuller (June 2, 2010). "Area players key to Central Connecticut baseball success". New Haven Register. Retrieved February 12, 2017.