Central Drugs Standard Control Organization
|Headquarters||New Delhi, India
|Annual budget||USD $ 256,000,000 (approx.) |
|Parent department||Minister of Health and Family Welfare|
|Parent agency||Government of India|
The Central Drugs Standard Control Organization (CDSCO) is the national regulatory body for Indian pharmaceuticals and medical devices, and serves parallel function to the European Medicines Agency of the European Union, the PMDA of Japan, the Food and Drug Administration of the United States and the Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency of the United Kingdom.
Within the CDSCO, the Drug Controller General of India (DCGI) regulates pharmaceutical and medical devices, under the gamut of Ministry of Health and Family Welfare. The DCGI is advised by the Drug Technical Advisory Board (DTAB) and the Drug Consultative Committee (DCC). It is divided into zonal offices which do pre-licensing and post-licensing inspections, post-market surveillance, and recalls when needed. 
Though the CDSCO has a good track record with the World Health Organization, it has also been accused of past collusion with independent medical experts and pharmaceutical companies. CDSCO plans to open international offices in Beijing, China.
- "Centre allots Rs. 1750-cr to CDSCO to strengthen drug regulatory system across the country". Pharma Biz. Archived from the original on 1 October 2015. Retrieved 23 July 2014.
- "Press Information Bureau Government of India Ministry of Health and Family Welfare". Retrieved 18 November 2014.
- "India's Central Drugs Standard Control Organization (CDSCO)". Pacific Bridge Medical. Dec 29, 2012. Archived from the original on 2012-12-17. Retrieved Dec 29, 2012.
- "Central Drugs Standard Control Homepage". Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Government of India. Dec 29, 2012. Archived from the original on January 28, 2013. Retrieved Dec 29, 2012.
- Kounteya Sinha, TNN (Dec 15, 2012). "Indian vaccine industry passes WHO quality test with flying colours". Times of India. Retrieved Dec 29, 2012.
- Ross Colvin and Kaustubh Kulkarni (May 10, 2012). "Collusion Discovered Between Central Drugs Standard Control Organization (CDSCO), Pharma Firms". International Business Times. Retrieved Dec 30, 2012.
- Kounteya Sinha, TNN (Dec 22, 2012). "India to open first drug inspection office in Beijing". Times of India. Retrieved Dec 29, 2012.