|Full name||Central Football Club|
|Ground||Ato Boldon Stadium
Couva, Trinidad and Tobago
|Operation Director||Brent Sancho, Kevin Harrison|
|Head Coach||Stern John|
|League||TT Pro League|
|2016–17||TT Pro League, 1st|
Central Football Club is a Trinidad and Tobago professional football club, based in California, that plays in the TT Pro League. Founded in 2012, the Sharks were the 21st team to join the Pro League and plays its home matches in Ato Boldon Stadium located in nearby Couva.
Central FC was founded in July 2012, with the ambition to become a high achieving club on the pitch and an active club within its community. In the club's first season, Central completed twelve projects designed to promote football within the local community. Former Trinidad and Tobago international football player Brent Sancho was the Chief Executive Officer.
On 13 August 2012, former Arsenal and England international Graham Rix was named the club's first manager for their inaugural Pro League season. However, when Rix resigned after only five months and returned to his native England, the club appointed former San Juan Jabloteh manager and England international Terry Fenwick.
Central FC began play in the 2012–13 TT Pro League season with their first match on 19 October 2012, against Police, which they won 1–0 following a goal from former captain Anthony Wolfe. The Sharks finished in a solid fifth position after their inaugural Pro League season having won eight from their 21 matches. However, the club's most significant accomplishment during their first season came in the FA Trophy after advancing to the final before losing 1–0 to Caledonia AIA.
Following the season, Central hosted a pre-season tour of Trinidad and Tobago for Football League One club, Walsall in July 2013. During the England club's visit, Central arranged for the Saddlers to visit four coaching schools and compete in three exhibition matches. The tour also provided four Central FC players a week trial with Walsall.
Players and staff
Where a player has not declared an international allegiance, nation is determined by place of birth. Squad correct as of 27 January 2014.
- TT Pro League
- FA Trophy
- First Citizens Cup
- Lucozade Sport Goal Shield
- Winners (1): 2014
- "Sancho Launches Central FC". SocaWarriors.net. 27 July 2012. Retrieved 4 August 2012.
- "Central FC unveils head coach Graham Rix". Central FC Media. 2012-08-15. Retrieved 2012-08-15.
- "Fenwick is back; ex-Jabloteh coach takes over at Central". Lasana Liburd (Wired868.com). 2013-01-05. Retrieved 2013-01-05.
- "Fenwick returns to the top flight, joins Central FC". Lasana Liburd (Wired868.com). 2013-01-05. Retrieved 2013-01-05.
- "Central edges Police for maiden Pro League win". Lasana Liburd (Wired868.com). 2012-10-19. Retrieved 2012-10-19.
- "Edwards shines as Caledonia defends FA Trophy with 2–0 win over Central". Randy Bando (TTProLeague.com). 2013-03-02. Retrieved 2013-03-02.
- "Saddlers head to Caribbean on Wednesday.." Walsall FC Press Release. 2013-07-02. Retrieved 2013-07-03.
- Randy Bando (2013-06-30). "Walsall to test Pro League All-Star Team ... England League One club to tour T&T". TTProLeague.com. Retrieved 2013-07-03.
- "Central FC players to join training during tour.." Walsall FC Press Release. 2013-07-02. Retrieved 2013-07-03.