|This article needs additional citations for verification. (November 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Industry||Merchant, Real estate, Retailing, Hospitality, Restaurants|
|Products||Shopping centres, department stores, restaurants, hotels.|
|Revenue||US$7.5 billion (2013) |
|Total assets||US$9.7 billion (2014 est)|
Number of employees
|Subsidiaries||Central Pattana (SET: CPN)
Central Plaza Hotel PLC (SET: CENTEL)
Central Department Store Group
Central Restaurants Group
Central Marketing Group
Central Hardlines Group
Central Online Group
Central Food Retail Group
Central Group Vietnam
The Central Group of Companies (Thai: กลุ่มเซ็นทรัล) or Central Holding is a family-owned conglomerate holding company in Thailand that is involved in merchandising, real estate, retailing, hospitality and restaurants. Among its subsidiaries are Central Pattana and the Central Retail Corporation. Its current CEO is Tos Chirathivat, grandson of the company founder. Its chief rival is The Mall Group, which owns Siam Paragon and The Emporium and several suburban shopping centres.
Tiang Chirathivat, an overseas Chinese from Hainan, started a general merchandise store in 1947 in Samphanthawong District, Bangkok's Chinatown. In 1957, Tiang's son, Samrit Chirathivat, opened the first Central Department Store in Wangburapha, Phra Nakhon, Bangkok. The company's property development arm, Central Pattana was founded in 1980, and opened its first shopping centre, CentralPlaza Ladprao in Chatuchak District, Bangkok in 1982. Besides expansion through physical presence in the Bangkok retail space, Central Group has in recent years built an online presence among ASEAN e-tailers.
- CPN (Central Pattana) real property development and malls management: CentralPlaza, CentralFestival, and CentralWorld.
- CDG (Central Department Store Group), legally named Central Retail Corporation (CRC) operates its department and retail stores: Central Department Store, Robinson Department Store, Central Embassy, ZEN, CRC Sports, La Rinascente, ILLUM, Alsterhaus, KaDeWe, and Oberpollinger.
- CHR (Centara Hotel and Resort) operates more than 40 hotels and resorts and private residences in Thailand, Vietnam, Indonesia, Maldives, and Sri Lanka.
- CRG (Central Restaurant Group) food franchises in Thailand: Mister Donut, KFC (malls branch only), Auntie Anne's, Pepper Lunch, Chabuton, Coldstone, Ryu Shabu Shabu, The Terrace, Yoshinoya, Ootoya, Tenya, and Katsuya.
- CFG (Central Food Retail Group) offers fresh, grocery and household merchandise in multiple food retail formats to suit customer segment's needs. The format include Central Food Hall, Tops market, Tops SUPERSTORE, Tops daily, Tops superkoom, Eathai, Central Wine Cellar, Segafredo, Tops Shop Online, and FamilyMart. The business unit also bought Matsumoto Kiyoshi - Japan's number 1 drugstore.
- CHG (Central Hardline Group) home and electric appliances store: Power Buy, Baan and Beyond, HomeWork, and Thai Wassadu.
- CMG (Central Marketing Group) high-end fashion imports such as: Casio watches, G-Shock, and Mango clothing.
- COL (Central Online) books, stationery, and office store. It operates central group's e-commerce system and applications: B2S, OfficeMate (formerly, Office Depot), and Cenergy Innovation.
All chains are operated by Central Department Store Group (CDG)
|Central Department Store||Thailand||21|
|Robinson Department Store (Robins in Vietnam)||Thailand||39|
|ZEN Department Store||Thailand||1|
- Central Group Operational Highlights
- , Central Group of Companies official websites. (Retrieved 2010).
- "Central Pattana Group (CPN)". Central Group. Retrieved 25 November 2015.
- "Central Department Store Group (CDG)". Central Group. Retrieved 25 November 2015.
- "Centara Hotels and Resorts Group (CHR)". Central Group. Retrieved 26 November 2015.
- "Central Restaurants Group (CRG)". Central Group. Retrieved 25 November 2015.
- "Central Food Retail Group (CFG)". Central Group. Retrieved 25 November 2015.
- "Central Hardlines Group (CHG)". Central Group. Retrieved 25 November 2015.
- "Central Marketing Group (CMG)". Central Group. Retrieved 25 November 2015.
- "Central Online (COL)". Central Group. Retrieved 25 November 2015.
- "Store Location". Robinson Department Store. Retrieved 24 July 2015.