Central Penn Business Journal
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
The July 31, 2009 front page of
Central Penn Business Journal
|Owner(s)||New Media Investment Group|
1500 Paxton Street|
The Central Penn Business Journal is a business newspaper headquartered in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania. The print publication is circulated on a weekly basis and covers five counties in central Pennsylvania: Cumberland, Dauphin, Lancaster, Lebanon, and York.
It was acquired by New Media Investment Group in 2016. With a readership of more than 43,000 in print and tens of thousands more online, the Journal reaches business leaders and decision-makers who work, live and invest in Central Pennsylvania.
The Business Journal staff reporters:
- Roger DuPuis, who covers Cumberland County, manufacturing, distribution and energy.
- David O'Connor, who covers York County, nonprofits, education and workforce.
- Michael Sadowski, who covers Lebanon County, banking and finance, law and technology.
- Jason Scott, who covers Dauphin County, state government, real estate, construction, media and marketing.
- Lenay Ruhl, who covers Lancaster County, health care and agribusiness..
Awards and recognition
This section does not cite any sources. (September 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
In 2013, the Business Journal was recognized for the following:
- Professional Keystone Awards (Pennsylvania Newspaper Association), Division VI 
- Sweepstakes Award: CPBJ Staff (This marks the fifth year in a row the Central Penn Business Journal claimed this distinction.)
- 1st: Video Storytelling: Amy Spangler
- 1st: Graphic/Photo Illustration: Kathryn Morton and Amy Spangler
- 1st: Front Page Design: Kathryn Morton
- 1st: Niche Publication: CPBJ staff for Construction and Real Estate
- 1st: News Beat Reporting: Jim T. Ryan, technology
- 1st: Online Special Project: Hope Stephan and staff for Health Care Reform Resource Center
- 2nd: Distinguished Writing – Weekly: Heather Stauffer
- 2nd: Series: Jason Scott for Pensions
- 2nd: Graphic/Photo Illustration: Kathryn Morton and Amy Spangler
- 2nd: Niche Publication: CPBJ staff for Currents
- 2nd: Special Projects: Brent Burkey, Liquid Assets
- Honorable Mention: Editorial: Hope Stephan
- Honorable Mention: Ongoing News: Jim T. Ryan
- Honorable Mention: Page Design: Kathryn Morton
- SPJ Spotlight Awards (Society of Professional Journalists) 
- 1st: Photo Story: Amy Spangler, Heather Stauffer
- 1st: Sports Reporting: Brent Burkey
- 1st: Editorial Writing: Hope Stephan
- 1st: Environmental Reporting: Tim Stuhldreher
- 1st: Web Use: Hope Stephan and staff for Health Care Reform Resource Center
- 2nd: Tabloid Page Design: Kathryn Morton
- 2nd: Sports Reporting: Jason Scott
- 2nd: Enterprise Reporting: Jason Scott
- 2nd: Headline Writing: Kathryn Morton
- 2nd: Business and Labor Reporting: Tim Stuhldreher
- 2nd: Sports Photography: Amy Spangler
- 2nd: Health and Medical Reporting: Heather Stauffer
- 3rd: Tabloid Design: Kathryn Morton, Amy Spangler
- 3rd: Feature Story: Jim T. Ryan
- 3rd: Feature Photography: Amy Spangler
- 3rd: Environmental Reporting: Brent Burkey
- AABP Awards (Alliance of Area Business Publications) 
- Bronze award: Best headlines: Staff
- "Central Penn Business Journal profile". The Alliance of Area Business Publications. 2005. Retrieved February 12, 2007.
- "HEARST BUYS NORWALK DAILY; NEW MEDIA BUYS AND SELLS Connecticut's The Hour joins 4 other dailies; La., N.J., Pa. deals for NM. - Free Online Library". www.thefreelibrary.com. Retrieved 18 April 2018.
- "CPBJ Staff - CPBJ". cpbj.com. Retrieved 18 April 2018.
- "Archived copy" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on 2014-01-06. Retrieved 2014-01-06.
- "SPJ Keystone Pro Chapter". SPJ Keystone Pro Chapter. Retrieved 18 April 2018.