Central Plains Region
The Central Plains Region is located in the south central part of the Canadian province of Manitoba, directly west of Winnipeg. It is bounded on the south by the Pembina Valley Region; on the east by the Eastman Region, to the north by the Interlake Region and to the west by the Westman Region.
The region contains Manitoba Census Divisions No. 8, No. 9, and No. 10, which together have a total land area of 10,656.86 square kilometres (4,114.64 sq mi). The region had a population of 48,289 people at the 2001 census.
Points of Interest
- List of historic places in Central Plains Region, Manitoba
- Portage Spillway Provincial Park
- St. Ambroise Beach Provincial Park
- Stephenfield Provincial Park
- Yellow Quill Provincial Park
- Community Profile: Census Division No. 8, Manitoba; Statistics Canada
- Community Profile: Census Division No. 9, Manitoba; Statistics Canada
- Community Profile: Census Division No. 10, Manitoba; Statistics Canada
|This Manitoba location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|