Central Rice Research Institute
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (June 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
The National Rice Research Institute(Odia: କେନ୍ଦ୍ରୀୟ ଧାନ ଗବେଷଣା କେନ୍ଦ୍ର)is situated near Bidyadharpur village on the Cuttack-Paradip Road, Odisha, India. It is one of the premier national research institutes under the Indian Council of Agricultural Research.
The Institute's scientists have many research results to their credit in various disciplines of rice research, including:
- Blue green algae
- Food technology
- Plant breeding and genetics
- Plant pathology and mycology
The site occupies approximately 250 acres (1.0 km2). Many of the scientists are housed on the campus, which includes a co-operative store, co-operative dairy, and a CGHS[clarification needed] dispensary. There is also a hostel and in-transit accommodation.
The research institute is divided into various departments, each headed by a Departmental Head. After the implementation of the Gajendragadkar Commission report, working conditions (in terms of pay) improved greatly for the research scientists. Most of the scientists stay in houses in the campus.
- Senior Administrative Officer
- S K Sinha
- Dr S. S. Jain - Senior Plant Pathologist & Mycologist
- Dr R. N. Misra - Geneticist
- Dr B. K. Rao - Rice Breeder
- Dr M. Seetharaman - Geneticist
- Dr J. P. Kulshreshtha - Entomologist
- Dr Devdath - Plant Pathologist
- Dr P. K. Singh - Algologist
- Dr. S. N. Ratho - Genetics and Plant Breeding
- Dr. Shri Gopal Sharma- CPB Division
- Dr. Onkar Nath Singh- Crop Improvement Division ( Head of Division)
- "Gramene". Gramene. 2015. Retrieved April 3, 2015.