Central Rivers TMD
|Location||Barton-under-Needwood, Staffordshire, England|
Central Rivers TMD (also known as Barton-under-Needwood CMD) is a railway maintenance depot, located in Barton-under-Needwood, 4 miles (6 km) south-west of Burton on Trent, England. It was built by Bombardier Transportation as the central maintenance facility for the Class 220 and 221 Voyagers then being delivered to Virgin CrossCountry and Virgin West Coast. It came into operation on 8 September 2001. The nearest railway station is Burton on Trent.
This site was chosen due to being close to Virgin Cross Country's Birmingham hub as well as being relatively close to Derby and Crewe. The depots facilities include inspection and working pits, hoisting facilities, train washing and refueling is designed for a planned turnaround of up to 20 serviced trains per night.
The Virgin CrossCountry franchise finished in November 2007, however Central Rivers continues to maintain the Voyagers for its successor CrossCountry as well as Virgin West Coast.
- "The all-time guide to UK Shed and Depot Codes" (PDF). TheRailwayCentre.com. 5 May 2006. Archived from the original (PDF) on 17 December 2013. Retrieved 25 August 2016.
- CRS, NLC, TIPLOC and STANOX codes
- "Central Rivers Voyager Depot". railvolution.net. Retrieved 2009-12-30.
- "Central Rivers Depot". thejunction.org.uk. Retrieved 2009-12-30.
- "Central Rivers Depot". 4projects.com. Archived from the original on 8 February 2006. Retrieved 30 December 2009.