Hamilton Pool Preserve - one of the many lush areas in Central Texas
Central Texas is a region in the U.S. state of Texas surrounding Austin and roughly bordered by Brady to Kerrville to La Grange to Waco. Central Texas contains the Texas Hill Country and corresponds to a physiographic section designation within the Edwards Plateau, in a geographic context.
Central Texas includes the Austin–Round Rock, Killeen-Temple-Fort Hood, Bryan–College Station, and Waco metropolitan areas. The Austin–Round Rock and Killeen-Temple-Fort Hood areas are among the fastest-growing metropolitan areas in the state. Some of the largest cities in the region are Austin, College Station, Killeen, Round Rock and Waco.
Counties (in pink) that are sometimes included in the Central Texas region are:
Sights in Central Texas
- "Water Resources NSDI Node". USGS. Retrieved 2009-07-15.
- Zielsdorf, Bruce (Fall 2008). "On Base: Fort Hood". Military Money.
- "Counties, cities and towns in Central Texas". County Maps of Texas. Retrieved 12 May 2015.
- Bastrop County from the Handbook of Texas Online
- "A Vision For Central Texas" (PDF). Envision Central Texas. Retrieved 2009-07-16.
- "Texas In Focus: Central Texas - Demographics". Texas Window on State Government. Retrieved 2009-07-15.
- Blanco County from the Handbook of Texas Online
- Burnet County from the Handbook of Texas Online
- Gillespie County from the Handbook of Texas Online
- Hays County from the Handbook of Texas Online
- TCMA Region 7
- Texas State Classification Office
- Lee County from the Handbook of Texas Online
- Travis County from the Handbook of Texas Online
- "Burleson County, Texas". Archived from the original on February 9, 2009. Retrieved 2009-07-15.
Burleson County is the best kept secret in Central Texas!
- Caldwell County from the Handbook of Texas Online
- Barkley, Mary Starr (1970). A History of Central Texas. Austin, Texas: Austin Printing.
- Fredericksburg, Texas Chamber of Commerce
- "Celebrate Diversity in Central Texas." Austin American-Statesman.