Central University of Ecuador
Spanish: Universidad Central del Ecuador
|Motto||Omnium Potentior est Sapientia|
The Central University of Ecuador (Spanish: Universidad Central del Ecuador) is a national university located in Quito, Ecuador and is the oldest and largest university in Ecuador, and one of the oldest in the Americas. The enrollment at Central University of Ecuador is over 10,000 students per year.
One of the cornerstones of Central University of Ecuador is the medical school, which is one of the best in the country.
The Library Network System at Central University of Ecuador
The goal of the Library Network System is to facilitate the preservation, dissemination and free access to the resources of scientific, technological, documentary, tangible and virtual information, while supporting the development of teaching, learning and research in the processes of creation, transmission, knowledge management and liaison with the community.
Communications and culture
The Joint National Music and Latinoamericana "The Chakana" is a musical group that has formed through the initiative and support of the Department of Communication and Culture of the Central University of Ecuador. The code that handles consists of songs and instrumental pieces with a focus harboring native rhythms and airs both Ecuador and Latin America rescuing own musical roots and common that make us a cultural continental bloc from the origins of our history as American peoples.
Director: Professor Javier Muñoz CUDAE-Traditional Dance
The multicultural and multi-ethnic Ecuador is a point of realization through the musical representation, traditional dance. This kind of folk dance is closely related to the cultural roots of a community, whose practice is done more by inheritance of tradition from generation to generation, that innovation. The cultural richness of our country, concocted by the socio-historical processes is represented through the body: rituals that express the symbolic force of events or events that marked their future.
Director: Professor Nelson Diaz University Choir
It was created on November 22, 1960 under the direction of Maestro Victor Austrian Bürger. He has represented the Central University of Ecuador inside and outside the country for 54 years. Among the directors I have told the Choir Master Gerardo Guevara.
This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (September 2013)
- School of Architecture and Urbanism
- School of Arts
- School of Administration
- School of Agriculture
- School of Chemical Engineering
- School of Economics
- School of Engineering, Physics and Mathematics
- School of Geology, Mining, and Environment
- School of Law, Political and Social Sciences
- School of Medicine
- School of Odontology
- School of Psychology
- School of Pharmacy
- School of Philosophy and Pedagogy
- School of Social Communication
- School of Veterinary Medicine
The Art school program at Central University of Ecuador has numerous classes in ceramics, printmaking, visual arts and fine arts especially drawing, illustration, painting, photography, sculpture, and graphic design. The Art school was founded in 1967 and offers secondary, post-secondary or undergraduate, graduate or postgraduate programs in these areas. It has an undergraduate program in painting, printmaking, sculpture and ceramics. Also offers programs in the performing arts, specially theatre and acting. Currently is working in implementing music and dance programs for undergraduate and graduate studies. They are distinguished from larger institutions which also may offer majors or degrees in the visual arts, but only as one part of a broad-based range of programs (such as the liberal arts and sciences). France's École des Beaux-Arts is, perhaps, the first model for such organized instruction, breaking with a tradition of master and apprentice instruction when it was formed. The art school of the Central University of Ecuador follows a long tradition in academic learning of the art practice since it takes the place of the Fine arts school of Quito founded in 1904 and the school of arts founded in 1969. 
Engineering: Geology, Mining, and Environment
School of Medicine
The medical school at Central University of Ecuador is one of the oldest in Ecuador that teaches medicine, and awards a professional degree for physicians and surgeons. Such medical degrees. . The medical school at Central University of Ecuador is one of the oldest in Ecuador.
School of Odontology
- "Universidad Central, 176 años de servicio – MAR. 18, 2002 – El Gran Guayaquil". El Universo (in Spanish). 2002-03-18. Retrieved 2019-09-24.
- "Study in Ecuador". Top Universities. 24 October 2017. Retrieved 9 March 2019.
- "Medicine, one of the pillars of the Central University of Ecuador". andes.info.ec. 2016-06-09. Archived from the original on 2016-06-09. Retrieved 2019-09-24.
- "Sistema Integrado de Bibliotecas". Universidad Central del Ecuador (in Spanish). Retrieved 2019-09-24.
- "Clubes de Arte". uce.edu.ec (in Spanish). 2015-04-19. Archived from the original on 2015-04-19. Retrieved 2019-09-24.
- Handelsman, Michael H. (2000). Culture and Customs of Ecuador. Greenwood Publishing Group. p. 72. ISBN 978-0-313-30244-2.
- "Universidad Central del Ecuador – TOP ranked University". University Directory (in Spanish). Retrieved 2019-09-24.
- "Universidad Central del Ecuador" (in Spanish). Retrieved 2019-09-24.
- "Media centre". UNICEF Ecuador. Retrieved 2019-09-24.