Central University of Jammu
Central University of Jammu in Jammu, Jammu and Kashmir, India has been established through an Act of Parliament: “The Central Universities Act, 2009" by Govt. of India. It started functioning from 2011. Dr. Sudhir Singh Bloeria was first Vice Chancellor of the university.
Motto in English
|knowledge refines, purifies and sharpens the mind|
|Chancellor||Sh. N.N. Vohra|
|Vice-Chancellor||Prof Ashok Aima|
|Location||Samba, Jammu and Kashmir, India|
|Website||Central University of Jammu|
The Central University of Jammu came into existence on August 8, 2011, with the appointment of the first Vice-Chancellor. It was established by the Central Universities Act, 2009 (Act No.25 of 2009 read with the Central Universities Act, 2009).
The first academic session (2011-2012) commenced with three Post Graduate courses in English, Economics and Applied Mathematics at Temporary Academic Block-I (TAB-I) at Sidhra bypass road, Jammu. In the next academic session (2012-2013),five PG Courses were added: Computer Science, Educational Studies, Environmental Sciences, Human Resource Management and Travel & Tourism Management in Temporary Academic Block (TAB-II) at Sainik Colony Extension. Since the third session (2013-2014) all the departments are functioning from TAB at Sainik Colony. Four new post graduate courses were introduced in the academic session (2014-2015): National Security Studies; Public Policy & Public Administration; Social Work and Mass Communication & New Media. The University also offers Integrated M-Phil-Ph.D programme in eight subjects.
The University carries out its administrative functions from its head office at Bagla, Rahya-Suchani, Distt. Samba.
The Central University of Jammu campus is under construction at Village Bagla, Raya Suchani in District Samba, which is at an approximate distance of 25 km from Jammu.
The university offers UG, PG & research oriented programmes.
Schools and Centres
- School of Business Studies
- Department of Human Resource Management & Organizational Behaviour
- Department of Tourism and Travel Management
- Department of Marketing and Supply Chain Management
- School of Basic and Applied Sciences
- Department of Mathematics
- Department of Computer Science and Information Technology
- Department of Physics and Astronomical Sciences
- Department of Chemistry and Chemical Sciences
- Department of Nano Science and Material
- School of Education
- Department of Educational Studies
- School of Humanities and Social Sciences
- Department of Economics
- Department of Public Policy and Public Administration
- Department of Sociology and Social work
- Centre for Comparative Religion and Civilization
- School of Languages
- Department of English
- Department of Hindi & Other Indian Languages
- School of Life Sciences
- Department of Environmental Sciences
- Department of Animal Sciences and Wild Life
- Department of Plant Sciences
- Centre for Molecular Biology
- School of National Security Studies
- Department of National Security Studies
- School of Knowledge Management, Information and Media Studies
- Department of Mass Communication and New Media
- School of Business Studies
|This article about a university or college in Jammu and Kashmir, India is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|