Central University of Rajasthan
|राजस्थान केन्द्रीय विश्वविद्यालय|
View of campus from boys hostel
|Motto||सतत विकास के लिए शिक्षा|
Motto in English
|Education for Sustainable Development|
|Type||Public Central University|
|Vice-Chancellor||Prof. Arun Kumar Pujari|
|Students||1700 (in May 2015)|
|Location||Bandar Sindri, Ajmer, Rajasthan, India
|Campus||Rural 518 acres (2.1 km²), 83 km from Jaipur and 40 km from Ajmer on Jaipur-Ajmer Expressway (NH-8)|
Central University of Rajasthan (Hindi: राजस्थान केन्द्रीय विश्वविद्यालय) also known as CURAJ (Hindi: सीयूराज ), is a central university located in Ajmer, Rajasthan, India. CURAJ has ten schools, twenty academic departments and one community college covering Technology, Science, Humanities, Commerce, Management, Public Policy and Social Science programs with a strong emphasis on scientific, technological and social education as well as research. Total student enrolment at the university exceeds 1700 and includes students from over 23 states. The university has been ranked 34th in the NIRF raking released in April, 2016 and accredited with grade "A" by NAAC in September, 2016.
CURAJ was established by an Act of Parliament as a central university on 3 March 2009. The university was started in 2009-10 with two PG programmes namely M.Sc./M.A. Statistics(Actuarial) and M.Sc.Tech. Mathematics in Malaviya National Institute of Technology, Jaipur. It shifted to R.K. Patni College, Kishangarh in 2010-11 and started six new PG programmes. In 2012-13, the university moved to its present location, on Jaipur-Ajmer Expressway (NH-8) at Bandar Sindri village of Ajmer district.
Doctoral and undergraduate programmes were started in 2013-14.
CURAJ is located on the Jaipur-Ajmer Expressway (NH-8), 83 km from Jaipur and 40 km from Ajmer and measures more than 209 hectares (518 acres). This land was donated by the Government of Rajasthan in 2010, construction had started in 2011 and by July 2012 the university had moved to its current location. The nearest commuter railway station is Kishangarh Station and the nearest major railway station is the Ajmer Station.
The campus is in developing phase. The departments are functioning from temporary buildings and expected to move their permanent places in 2016. An air conditioned auditorium with a capacity of 1500 has been constructed on the temporary basis. The construction of the guest house is completed. The university has constructed the state of art permanent buildings for hostels and implemented the concept of rain water harvesting successfully by creating seven ponds in the campus at different locations.
The buildings are constructed using a fusion of traditional architectural features of Rajasthan with contemporary design elements. The chhatri and jaali are used in the buildings give a unique blend of the traditional and modern architecture.
CURAJ offers five year integrated M.Sc. programmes in Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Chemistry, Computer Science, Economics, Environmental Science, Mathematics, Microbiology, Physics and Statistics. The integrated M.Sc. programmes leading to the degree of B.Sc. and M.Sc., have four core subjects in the 1st and 2nd year (Semester I - IV), and only one subject as major (like Honors degree ) in 3rd year (Semester V & VI) in which the student will pursue the M.Sc. degree.
The University offers various PG programmes with specialization.
- M.Arch. (Sustainable Architecture)
- MBA (specialization in Finance/ Marketing with special emphasis on Entrepreneurship and Business Analytics)
- M.Com. (specialization in Accounting & Taxation/ HRM/ Finance/ Marketing)
- M. Pharm. (Pharmaceutical Chemistry)
- M. Tech. CSE (specialization in Cyber Security)
- M. Sc. (Tech) Mathematics (combination of Mathematics and Computer Science)
M. A. programmes in;
- Culture & Media Studies
- Economics (specialization in Enviro-Economics)
- English (Specialization in Creative Writing, Script Writing, Writing for Media and Film Appreciation)
- Hindi (Specialization in Functional Hindi)
- Public Policy, Law and Governance
- Social Work
M. Sc. programmes in;
- Atmospheric Science
- Big data Analytics in association with Tata Consultancy Services
- Chemistry (specialization in Green Chemistry)
- Computer Science (specialization in Artificial Intelligence)
- Environmental Science (specialization in Desert Studies)
- Mathematics (combination of Mathematics and Computer Science)
- Statistics (specialization in Actuarial Science)
- Certificate in Interior Design (1 year)
- Diploma in Interior Design (2 years)
- Degree in Interior Design (3 years)
The university offers Ph.D programs in each department.
The university admits students to integrated M. Sc., Integrated M.Sc.-B.Ed and PG programmes through the Central Universities Common Entrance Test (CUCET) held yearly, and conducted at centers all over India. Admission to M. Tech. programme is made once a year on the basis of GATE score through Centralized Counselling for M.Tech./ M.Arch./ M.Plan. (CCMT). Admission to the Doctoral programmes were accomplished through the CUCET and followed by an interview.
The university coordinates CUCET each year from its introduction. In 2017, ten universities are taking part in CUCET, including CURAJ. Other universities are Central University of Haryana, Central University of Jammu, Central University of Jharkhand, Central University of Karnataka, Central University of Kashmir, Central University of Kerala, Central University of Punjab, Central University of South Bihar and Central University of Tamil Nadu.
Schools and Departments
The university is organised into ten schools, each of which has several departments:
- School of Architecture
- Department of Architecture
- Community College
- School of Chemical Sciences and Pharmacy
- Department of Chemistry
- Department of Pharmacy
- School of Commerce & Management
- Department of Commerce
- Department of Management
- School of Engineering and Technology
- Department of Computer Science and Engineering
- School of Earth Sciences
- Department of Atmospheric Science
- Department of Environmental Science
- School of Life Sciences
- Department of Biochemistry
- Department of Biotechnology
- Department of Microbiology
- School of Humanities & Languages
- Department of English
- Department of Hindi
- School of Mathematics, Statistics & Computational Sciences
- Department of Computer Science
- Department of Mathematics
- Department of Statistics
- School of Social Sciences
- Department of Culture and Media Studies
- Department of Economics
- Department of Public Policy, Law and Governance
- Department of Social Work
- School of Physical Sciences
- Department of Physics
University Library have more than 25000 books including references and subscribed more than 8000 online journals under UGC- INFONET Digital Library Consortium and more than 2000 online journals being subscribed by the University Library i.e. Science Direct, SciFinder, Bentham Science, EBSCO, ACM Digital library & IEEE online journals. More than 100 National & International print journals also being subscribed by the University Library. 
Halls of Residence
The residential character of CURAJ is an important component of the intellectual and cultural life of the campus. There are 6 residences (hostels), Which includes 2 hostels for UG and PG male Students, 2 hostels for UG and PG female Students, 1 hostel for male research scholars, teaching and non-teaching staffs, 1 hostel for female research scholars, teaching and non-teaching stuffs.
Besides academics, a range of societies and clubs exist for students like the student-run media group called Astitva, the Film Club, the photography club known as the Lenswala, The Navsrijan Society and the Economics Society of CURAJ. The annual cultural fest is known as Marukriti. The Economania, Math Earth, Impressario of Department of Management which has been started by five student of the Department name Harshad, Rohit, Rishav, Vikash & Nafi and Myriad Hues are the annual fests of the respective department and student societies of the university. The university's students also participate in regional and national level inter-university fests and competitions like the Association of Indian Universities annual fest known as UNIFEST.
|This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (October 2015)|
- Malaviya National Institute of Technology
- Jawaharlal Nehru University
- Banaras Hindu University
- University of Rajasthan
- "Central Universities Act 2009" (PDF). Ministry of Human Resource Development website.
- "Vice Chancellor". Central University of Rajasthan website.
- "Central University of Rajasthan Self Study Report Part 1" (PDF). Central University of Rajasthan website.
- "NIRF website". National Institutional Ranking Framework website.
- "NAAC website". National Assessment and Accreditation Council website.
- "B. Voc." (PDF). Central University of Rajasthan.
- "Central Universities Common Entrance Test". Collegedunia Web.
- "CCMT". CCMT Website.
- "B. Voc." (PDF). Central University of Rajasthan.
- "B. Voc. 2015". Central University of Rajasthan.
- "CUCET 2017". CUCET.
- "School". Central University of Rajasthan.
- "Central Library". Central University of Rajasthan website.