Central University of South Bihar
This article needs additional citations for verification. (December 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Location||Gaya, Bihar, India|
The Central University of South Bihar (CUSB) is one of the sixteen newly established Central Universities by the Government of India under the Central Universities Act, 2009 (Section 25 of 2009). The university is located at Panchanpur, Gaya, India. On 28 February 2014, Lok Sabha Speaker Meira Kumar laid the foundation stone for the permanent campus in Gaya. It will be spread in 300 acre campus at Panchanpur.
The university offers postgraduate and undergraduate programmes in various fields. Admission used to be through Central Universities Common Entrance Test (CUCET), and in addition, in some cases, interview or group discussion. Now the university conducts its own test christened as CUSBET, across cities in India which can be viable as examination centres.
The university consists of the following schools:
- School of Earth, Biological and Environmental Sciences.
- School of Human Sciences.
- Center for Psychological Sciences
- School of Languages and Literature.
- Center for Foreign Languages
- Center for Indian Languages
- School of Mathematics, Statistics and Computer Science.
- School of Media, Art & Aesthetics.
- School of Social Sciences and Policy.
- School of Education
- School of Law and Governance
The President of India is the Visitor of the university. The first Chancellor is Meira Kumar, former Speaker of the Lok Sabha. H.C.S. Rathore is the Vice-Chancellor and Om Prakash Rai is the Pro Vice-Chancellor.
- "Archived copy" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on 2013-10-02. Retrieved 2013-08-17.
- "CUB admission process to begin today". The Times of India.
- "Cong-JD (U) clash mars CUB foundation laying ceremony - The Times of India". Timesofindia.indiatimes.com. 2014-02-28. Retrieved 2014-05-29.
- "Central University of Bihar | Cub.ac.in - Central University of Bihar". Cub.ac.in. 2013-04-23. Archived from the original on 2014-02-09. Retrieved 2014-05-29.
- "Home - Central University of Bihar". Cub.ac.in. Retrieved 2014-05-29.
- "Welcome". cusb.ac.in. Retrieved 5 November 2017.