Central Wisconsin Airport
|Central Wisconsin Airport|
|Owner||Marathon and Portage Counties|
|Operator||Central Wisconsin Joint Airport Board|
|Elevation AMSL||1,277 ft / 389 m|
Central Wisconsin Airport (IATA: CWA, ICAO: KCWA, FAA LID: CWA), referred to as "C-Way", is a public airport located 3 miles (5 km) southeast of the central business district of Mosinee, in Marathon County, Wisconsin, United States. It is owned by Marathon County and Portage County. It is included in the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems for 2017–2021, in which it is categorized as a non-hub primary commercial service facility.
The airport serves the cities of Marshfield, Stevens Point, Wausau and Wisconsin Rapids, tourism communities in northern Wisconsin, and the smaller exurbs of Bevent, Five Corners, Hatley and Rosholt. It is 10 miles (16 km) south-southeast of Granite Peak Ski Area, located in Rib Mountain State Park.
Facilities and aircraft
Central Wisconsin Airport covers an area of 1,800 acres (730 ha) at an elevation of 1,277 feet (389 m) above mean sea level. It contains two concrete paved runways: 8/26 measuring 7,648 x 150 ft (2,331 x 46 m) and 17/35 measuring 6,501 x 150 ft (1,982 x 46 m). For the 12-month period ending July 31, 2016, the airport had 12,687 operations, an average of 35 aircraft operations per day: 64% scheduled commercial, 35% general aviation and 1% military. In March 2017, there were 23 aircraft based at this airport: 17 single-engine, 4 multi-engine and 2 jet aircraft. 
In 1997, the terminal was modernized with five new gates, and the highway access has been reconstructed.
On 1 September 2012, the airport began a $10 million modernization program, moving the security checkpoints and enlarging the ticket counters to lower passenger congestion. The airport is gaining a geothermal energy system that will reduce utility bills, providing all but 20% of its heating and cooling requirements.
Airlines and destinations
|Delta Connection||Detroit, Minneapolis/St. Paul|||
|FedEx Feeder operated by CSA Air||Madison, Milwaukee|
|Freight Runners Express||Milwaukee, Oshkosh, Rhinelander|
|Pro Aire Cargo||Rhinelander|
|Carrier||Passengers (arriving and departing)|
|1||Chicago (O'Hare), Illinois||51,720||American, United|
|2||Minneapolis/St. Paul, Minnesota||37,890||Delta|
- FAA Airport Master Record for CWA ( PDF), effective Mar 2, 2017.
- "List of NPIAS Airports" (PDF). FAA.gov. Federal Aviation Administration. 21 October 2016. Retrieved 23 November 2016.
- http://www.dot.wisconsin.gov/travel/air/docs/rates-document07.pdf[permanent dead link]
- "Central Wisconsin Passenger Terminal Upgrade". Airport International. July 30, 2012.
- "Flight schedules and notifications". Retrieved 5 February 2017.
- "FLIGHT SCHEDULES". Retrieved 5 February 2017.
- "Timetable". Retrieved 5 February 2017.
- "RITA BTS Transtats - CWA". www.transtats.bts.gov. Retrieved 16 March 2017.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Central Wisconsin Airport.|
- Central Wisconsin Airport, official site
- (PDF), effective March 2, 2017
- Resources for this airport: