Central newspapers of the Soviet Union
Jump to navigation Jump to search
This article does not cite any sources. (December 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
The following publications were known as central newspapers in the Soviet Union. They were organs of the major organizations of the Soviet Union.
- Pravda (Пра́вда, "Truth"), the organ of the Central Committee of the Communist Party of the Soviet Union.
- Izvestia (short for "Izvestiya Sovetov Narodnykh Deputatov SSSR", Известия Советов народных депутатов СССР, the "Reports of Soviets of Peoples' Deputies of the USSR") expressed the official views of the Soviet government as published by the Presidium of the Supreme Soviet of the USSR.
- Komsomolskaya Pravda (Комсомольская правда, "Komsomol's Truth"), the organ of Komsomol.
- Krasnaya Zvezda (Красная звезда, "Red Star"), the organ of the Soviet Armed Forces.
- Sovetskiy Sport (Советский спорт, "Soviet Sports"), the organ of the USSR State Committee for Physical Culture and Sports and VTsSPS
- Trud (Труд, "Labour"), the organ of Soviet trade unions.
- Pionerskaya Pravda (Пионе́рская Пра́вда, "Truth for Young Pioneers"), the official organ of the Young Pioneer organization of the Soviet Union