Centre High School
|Centre High School|
|2374 - 310th Street 
Lost Springs, Kansas 66859
|School type||Public, High School|
|School board||Board Website|
|School district||USD 397 |
|Superintendent||Susan Beeson |
|CEEB code||171835 |
|Principal||Susan Beeson |
|Athletic Director||Greg Wyatt |
|Grades||9 to 12|
|Athletics||Class 8-Man II,
District 3 
|Athletics conference||Wheat State |
|Communities served||Lost Springs, Lincolnville, Pilsen, Tampa, Ramona, Antelope, Burdick|
Centre High School is a rural public high school located 5 miles south of Lost Springs and 2 miles north of Lincolnville along U.S. Highway 77 in Kansas. It is the only high school in the USD 397 School District.
Centre High School was established in 1958 as the result of the consolidation of several smaller high schools. High schools from Lincolnville, Lost Springs, Pilsen, Burdick, Tampa and Ramona consolidated into Centre Rural High School.
The front of the building houses the administration offices. Other notable details include:
- A gymnasium on the southern side of the main building and another gym on the east side.
- A football field is located on the north Side.
- To the west is the Centre Middle School that houses grades 5 and 6.
- A machine shop and wood shop are detached and located on the east side.
The high school is a member of T.E.E.N., a shared video teaching network, started in 1993, between five area high schools.
The mascot of Centre High is the Cougar.
Sports Offered Include:
Organizations Offered Include:
- Honors Society
- Student Council
- The Early Schools Of Marion County, Kansas; Wilma Stewart Stallwitz; Located at Peabody Township Library; 33 pages; November 11, 1960.
- Marion County Kansas - Past and Present; Sondra Van Meter; MB Publishing House in Hillsboro, KS; LCCN 72-92041; 344 pages; 1972.
- Standard Atlas of Marion County, Kansas; Geo A. Ogle & Co; 1902.
- GNIS entry for Centre High School; USGS; October 13, 1978.
- USD 397
- High School CEEB Code Search
- "School Search - Lost Springs-Centre HS". Kansas State High School Activities Association. Retrieved 14 December 2010.
- KSHSAA School Classification List
- KSHSAA School District List
- T.E.E.N. video teaching network
- Standard Atlas of Marion County, Kansas; 1902. (Download eBook)