Centre for Energy, Petroleum and Mineral Law and Policy
A major contributor to this article appears to have a close connection with its subject. (July 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
The references in this article are unclear because of a lack of inline citations. (July 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|33 (plus 88 honorary)|
|Director||Professor Peter Cameron|
|Affiliations||University of Dundee,|
The Centre for Energy, Petroleum and Mineral Law and Policy (CEPMLP) is a graduate school at the University of Dundee, Scotland, United Kingdom, focused on the fields of international business transactions, energy law and policy, mining and the use of natural resources.
It is affiliated with, but not part of, the University of Dundee School of Law.
The CEPMLP is part of the University of Dundee's School of Social Sciences and is based in the Carnegie Building on the Geddes Quadrangle of the University's main campus.
The CEPMLP adopts an interdisciplinary approach to teaching, research and consultancy providing perspective on how governments, business and communities operate.
The CEPMLP offers a wide range of degrees from full-time taught master's degrees both full-time on site and by distance learning, as well as research degrees and executive leadership programmes.
- Current RAE (UK Research Assessment Exercise) rating of 5.
- Awarded the highest rank available by the UK Quality Assurance Agency for Higher Education (2002)for the taught postgraduate programme.
- Queen's Award for Enterprise in International Trade, 2004
- Doctoral programme with more than 40 PhD students, and a faculty of renowned international experts.
Strategic alliances with partner institutions
- Washington College of Law at the American University, Washington, DC, USA.
- Institut français du pétrole, Paris, France.
- The Quality Assurance Agency for Higher Education, (2002), "Academic review: Subject Review; Law, University of Dundee", https://web.archive.org/web/20071008134635/http://www.qaa.ac.uk/reviews/reports/subjectlevel/sr060_02.pdf, accessed 02-10-2007
- LLM Guide Masters of Law Programmes World Wide, http://www.llm-guide.com/board/6332, accessed 28-09-2007
- Oil Voice Forum, https://web.archive.org/web/20071018042804/http://forum.oilvoice.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=764, accessed 28-09-2007
- Cresswell, J., (2006), "Scots energy and mineral law centre a hidden jewel", Press & Journal, Aberdeen.
- Department of Trade and Industry (Scotland), (2006), "Dundee University receives Royal Award Visit", http://www.gnn.gov.uk/content/detail.asp?NewsAreaID=2&ReleaseID=229917[permanent dead link], accessed 02-10-2007.
- The Queen's Awards for Enterprise, 2004 Winners, https://web.archive.org/web/20070927064335/http://www.queensawards.org.uk/business/Winners/2004.html, accessed 09-10-2007.