Centre for Policing, Intelligence & Counter Terrorism
|This article is an orphan, as no other articles link to it. Please introduce links to this page from ; try the Find link tool for suggestions. (June 2014)|
The Centre for Policing, Intelligence and Counter Terrorism is an Australian organisation at Macquarie University formed in response to the threat of terrorism. The Centre, founded in 2005, seeks to promote research, deliver postgraduate programs, and provide professional education and consultancy services.
The main focuses of the Centre are:
- Policing (Operational Response and Public Disorder)
- South-East Asia Geo-Political Trends
- Cybercrime and Cyberterrorism
- Organised Crime
- Terrorism and Insurgency
- Intelligence Analysis
- Transport Security
- Computer Forensics
The current director is Peter Anderson, who was the New South Wales (NSW) Labor Minister for Police and Emergency Services from 1981 to 1986. He has been serving in this capacity since 2007. In late 2013, Peter Anderson's position was advertised as vacant pending his retirement in December 2013.
In October 2010, the NSW Independent Commission Against Corruption (New South Wales) (ICAC) completed an investigation into multiple allegations from a number of former PICT staff about bullying and victimisation. The ICAC-appointed investigator found substance in the allegations of bullying and victimisation against former staff. The ICAC appointed investigator also found evidence supporting the allegation that the university failed to take adequate action in response to complaints raised by a number of staff. The ICAC sent a copy of the report to the University and the NSW Ombudsman.
- Independent Commission against Corruption. "Confidential Report supervised by ICAC" (PDF). Unileaks. Retrieved 5 April 2011.
- Steketee, Mike (23 March 2011). "Bullied Macquarie University staff demand an apology". The Australian.
- "Open Letter to Macquarie University Vice-Chancellor Steven Schwartz". Unileaks. Retrieved 22 March 2011.
- "Perception of Corruption". The Times Higher Education. 17 March 2011.
- Pemberton, Greg (16 March 2011). "Culture of ignoring plaints". The Australian.
- "Standard tactics of the bully". The Australian. 16 March 2011.
- Steketee, Mike (9 March 2011). "Macquarie and its 'malcontents' under scrutiny". The Australian.
- "Ex-minister Peter Anderson bullied staff, hired mates, ran 'fiefdom': ICAC". The Australian. 9 March 2011.
- Centre for Policing, Intelligence and Counter Terrorism