Centre for Strategic Research and Analysis
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (January 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
The CESRAN/SARAM logo
|Formation||January 10, 2008|
|Prof. Alpaslan Ozerdem|
The Centre for Strategic Research and Analysis (CESRAN) is an international think-tank organisation, directed by Executive Board of the Centre. The Centre was established on 1 November 2008, by Ozgur Tufekci.
CESRAN’s main goal is to improve interdisciplinary studies. In addition, CESRAN contributes to the field of International Relations as not only academics but also practitioners. In this regard, the main ideal is gathering people, who come from different backgrounds and have different perspectives, around the CESRAN in order to yield fresh and illuminating insights as to how the studies of international relations, political science, human geography, economics and international law are carried out in an interdependent world.
- The Executive Office
- Advisory Board
- Board of Directors
The Executive Office
- Prof. Alpaslan Ozerdem, President
- Mr. Ozgur Tufekci, Director-General
- Mr. Husrev Tabak, Deputy Director-General
The Advisory Board
- Prof. Mustafa Aydın, Rector of Kadir Has University
- Baroness Hussein-Ece OBE, Liberal Democrat Member of the House of Lords
- Prof. Mark Bassin, Professor of History of Ideas, Södertörn University
- Prof. Bulent Gokay, Professor of International Relations, Keele University
- Dr Ayla Gol, Lecturer in International Politics, Aberystwyt University
- Prof. Bayram Gungor
- Prof. Roger Mac Ginty Professor of Peace & Conflict Studies University of Manchester
- Prof Ibrahim Sirkeci, Professor in Demography at Regent's College London and Prof. in Business and Management
- Prof. Birol Yesilada, Professor of Political Science and International Relations, Portland State University
- Mr Rahman Dag | Turkey Focus, Research Director
- Mr Kadri Kaan Renda | Europe Programme, Research Director
- Mr Jewellord Singh | Americas Programme, Research Director
- Mr Antony Ou | China & Neighbourhood Focus, Research Director
- Dr Fatih Eren | Urban Studies, Research Director
- Dr Aksel Ersoy | Governance, Research Director
- Dr Jean-Paul Gagnon | Democracy Programme, Research Director
- Dr Mehmet Ozkan | Africa Programme, Research Director
- Journal of Global Analysis (JGA): CESRAN publishes an interdisciplinary, refereed e-journal, named Journal of Global Analysis (JGA). Journal of Global Analysis is a biannual journal edited by a group of international scholars. The Journal endeavours to become the foremost international forum for academics, researchers and policy makers to share their knowledge and experience in the disciplines of political science, international relations, economics, international law and human geography.
- Journal of Conflict Transformation & Security (JCTS): Journal of Conflict Transformation & Security (JCTS). The Journal of Conflict Transformation and Security (JCTS) provides a platform to analyse conflict transformation and security as processes for managing ‘change’ in a non-violent way to produce equitable outcomes for all parties that are sustainable. A wide range of human security concerns can be tackled by both ‘hard’ and ‘soft’ measures, therefore, the Journal’s scope not only covers such security sector reform issues as restructuring security apparatus, reintegration of ex-combatants, clearance of explosive remnants of war and cross-border management, but also the protection of human rights, justice, rule of law and governance.
- Journal of Eurasian Politics & Security (JEPAS): The Journal of Eurasian Politics & Society is the only established peer reviewed, multi-disciplinary journal in the world concerned with the history, politics, cultures, religions and economies of Eurasian states. The journal acts as a forum for cultural, economic, historical and political approaches to research on Eurasia. The main aim of the journal is to reflect and promote advances in the social sciences and humanities and also deepen and consolidate understanding of processes of local and regional change that make Eurasia an area of significant interest.
- Another publication of CESRAN is Political Reflection Magazine PR is a quarterly International Magazine.
- CESRAN Papers
- Turkey Focus Policy Brief
- "The Executive Office of CESRAN"
- Ibrahim Sirkeci
- The Council
- Journal of Global Analysis
- Journal of Conflict Transformation & Security