Centrex Europe Energy & Gas AG
Centrex Europe Energy and Gas AG is "an international group of companies operating in the natural gas sector, focussing on the extraction and marketing of natural gas reserves". It is believed to be a Gazprom front company.
An author suggests that the shadowy companies might be related to "means of silently funneling money for high level Russian and Austrian officials into Liechtenstein and other off-shore accounts".
Gazprom, with the silent support of the Kremlin has set up 50 or so middlemen companies, silently linked to Gazprom and scattered throughout Europe - such as the Centrex group of companies and the Gazprom Germania network - which do not add any value to the price of Russian gas being sold on European markets; yet they earn enormous sums of money which appears to simply vanish through shell companies in Cyprus and in Liechtenstein.
- The Shadowy Side of Gazprom’s Expanding Central European Gas Hub. Eurasia Daily Monitor Volume: 5 Issue: 217. November 12, 2008
- A tale of gazoviki, money and greed - Dubious methods and shady partners Archived 2011-01-28 at the Wayback Machine.. Stern magazine, September 13, 2007
- U.S. Senate Hearing on Russian Energy: Roman Kupchinsky Archived 2009-04-14 at the Wayback Machine., June 12, 2008
- Gazprom’s European Web[permanent dead link]. The Jamestown Foundation. February 2009
- A tale of gazoviki, money and greed - Dubious methods and shady partners. Stern magazine, September 13, 2007