Centria University of Applied Sciences
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Established||Provisional 1991 (perm 1995)|
|Campus||Kokkola, Ylivieska, and Jakobstad|
Centria University of Applied Sciences (former name Central Ostrobothnia University of Applied Sciences) (Finnish: Centria ammattikorkeakoulu, Swedish: Centria yrkeshögskola) is a private-recognized higher education institution in Finland.
The name Centria University of Applied Sciences is derived from Central Ostrobothnia University of Applied Sciences and officially used from the start of autumn semester 2012.
The University has three campuses: Kokkola, Jakobstad and Ylivieska. Internationalisation is one of Centria's core values thus the University offers three international bachelor's degree programmes taught in English, namely DP in business management, DP in industrial management, and DP in information technology. Centria also has one master's degree programme, DP in international business management. Centria is a multidisciplinary, dynamic and international institution, which offers students and staff an environment that is innovative, caring and multicultural.
Centria University of Applied Sciences is owned by a limited liability company whose shareholders are the Central Ostrobothnia Education Group, Kalajoki Municipal Education and Training Consortium, Pietarsaari City, Raudaskylän Christian College Association and Central Ostrobothnia Conservatory Support Association. At present, the Rector of Central Ostrobothnia University of Applied Sciences is mr. Pekka Hulkko.
Studies in Centria University of Applied Sciences
The extent of UAS degree studies is generally 210−240 study points (ECTS), which means 3.5 – 4 years of full-time study. This education is arranged as degree programmes. The entry requirement is a certificate from an upper secondary school or the matriculation certificate, a vocational qualification or corresponding foreign studies. The requirement for Master's studies in UASs is a Bachelors' level UAS degree and at least three years of work experience. The UAS Master's, which is 60-90 study points and takes 1.5–2 years, is equivalent to a university Master's in the labour market. Each student has a personal study plan, which facilitates student guidance and the monitoring of progress in studies. Students apply for UAS studies in a national application system. The UASs determine the admission criteria and arrange student selection and entrance examination at their discretion. Nearly 90% of applications are submitted electronically. UASs also arrange adult education and open education geared to maintain and upgrade competencies. Some 20 percent of UAS students are mature students.
In Centria, there are around 2900 students in 5 fields and 13 degree programmes.
Annual intake is 500 students.
Annually Centria participates in more than 100 separate r&d–projects.
- Education in Finland
- List of polytechnics in Finland
- List of universities in Finland
- List of colleges and universities
- List of colleges and universities by country
- [dead link]
- [permanent dead link]
- "City of Kokkola : Frontpage". Kokkola.fi. Retrieved 5 February 2019. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2014-08-02. Retrieved 2014-04-26. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link) CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "Ylivieska - Etusivu". Ylivieska.fi. Retrieved 5 February 2019. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- Centria-ammattikorkeakoulu. "Centria-ammattikorkeakoulu". Web.centria.fi. Retrieved 5 February 2019. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Haeennenkuin". Haeennenkuin.fi. Retrieved 5 February 2019. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Centria-ammattikorkeakoulu". Web.centria.fi. Retrieved 5 February 2019. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)