Centurion University of Technology and Management
Seal of Centurion University
Motto in English
|Connecting through knowledge|
|Chancellor||Ganeshi Lal |
|Vice-Chancellor||Haribandhu Panda |
|Affiliations||UGC & AICTE & ICAR|
Centurion University of Technology and Management is a multi-sector, private state university from Odisha, India. With its main campus at Paralakhemundi in the Gajapati district and another constituent campus located at Jatni, on the fringes of Bhubaneswar, it was accorded the status of a university in the year 2010. The university has been accredited by NAAC with 'A' Grade, thereby becoming the youngest private university to have earned the distinction. In 2016, the Bhubaneswar campus of the university was ranked 81 among the institutions offering engineering education in India by the Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India under the NIRF.
The university offers under-graduate, post-graduate and doctoral courses in the fields of engineering & technology, agricultural sciences, architecture planning and design, mining, teachers' education, media and communication, paramedics and allied Health Sciences, pharmacy and life sciences, management, applied sciences and a number of vocational trades in its two major campuses. It also has regional campuses at Balangir, Rayagada and Chhatrapur.
The university actively works in the field of sustainable community development through its various social responsibility initiatives.
The main campus of the university at Paralakhemundi was known previously as Jagannath Institute for Technology and Management (JITM), which was established in 1997. The institute was affiliated to Berhampur University till 2003 and Biju Patnaik University of Technology, Rourkela until 2010. The institute was taken over by a group of academicians led by Dr. Mukti Kanta Mishra and Prof. D.N. Rao in the year 2005. In 2008, a second campus, Centurion Institute of Technology, was opened at Bhubaneswar. Subsequently, JITM was transformed into Centurion University of Technology and Management in August 2010, through an act of Odisha Legislative Assembly.
- "Private Universities". University Grants Commission. UGC. Retrieved 28 June 2013.
- "GOVERNING BOARD" (PDF). Centurion University. Retrieved 19 November 2016.
- "Management Team - Centurion University". Official website of Centurion University. Centurion University of Technology & Management. Retrieved 19 November 2016.
- "Inspection Report for State Private University — Centurion University of Technology and Management (CUTM)" (PDF). University Grants Commission. UGC. Retrieved 28 June 2013.
- "10th Meeting of the Standing Committee (15th November 2015) List of Institutions Recommended For Accreditation by NAAC" (PDF). National Assessment and Accreditation Council. National Assessment and Accreditation Council. Retrieved 3 January 2016.
- "Centurion receives NAAC 'A' Grade". www.dailypioneer.com. Retrieved 23 May 2017.
- "MHRD, National Institute Ranking Framework (NIRF)". www.nirfindia.org. Retrieved 23 May 2017.
- "Academics". CUTM. CUTM. Archived from the original on 19 June 2013. Retrieved 28 June 2013. Cite uses deprecated parameter
- "About the University". cutm.ac.in. Retrieved 23 May 2017.
- "Orissa Act 4 of 2010" (PDF). Law Odisha. 27 August 2010. Retrieved 23 May 2017.