Century City Mall
|Location||Kalayaan Avenue corner Salamanca Street, Poblacion, Makati, Metro Manila, Philippines|
|Opening date||February 17, 2014|
|Developer||Century City Development Corporation|
|No. of stores and services||100+|
|Total retail floor area||17,000 square metres (180,000 sq ft)|
|No. of floors||5|
The mall is under construction by 2013 and the opening of the mall was initially planned on the fourth quarter of 2013. By July 2013, painting works for the mall's interior and exterior including its roof are effectively complete with some finishing touches to be done. The elevators are already installed and functional and tiles were already installed common areas of the mall. In June, the lease spaces were turned over for tenants for fit-out works and completed fit-out works and finishing by January 2014. During this period, the mall is already ready for opening with only cleaning works to be done. The mall's generator sets and CCTVs were tested during the period.
Century City Mall first opened in February 17, 2014.
Heat is minimized by the architectural design of the mall. The exterior of the Century City Mall was painted white to minimize the heat absorbed by the walls and roof and the Exterior Insulation Finishing System is used as the facade material to minimize absorption of heat by the mall's units, which in turn reduces energy needed by the air conditioning. For the glass works, tinted horizontal glass sheets were installed to reflect sunlight and minimize the heat entering the building as part of the designer's efforts to improve comfort to people inside the mall.
On the mall's roof garden situated on the fourth floor, natural ventilation and vegetation were installed to reduce temperature and filter the air inside the building. Through a series of sky lights, Natural light that passes inside the mall are filtered through all levels. In order to minimize water consumption, waterless urinals are installed inside the mall's restrooms.
There are two entrances, one located along Kalayaan Avenue near the corner of Salamanca Street, and another on General Luna Street. The mall also has digital cinemas. The mall project costed around ₱1 billion. Three basement floors are allotted for parking space for around 527 vehicles. The mall has five floors above ground mainly for retail space and has 49,143 square metres (528,970 sq ft) of gross floor area. Century City Development Corporation, a part of Century Properties Group was the mall's developer.
The mall has 17,000 square metres (180,000 sq ft) of net leasable space and by the first day of the mall's operation, more than 100 tenants has leased out the space including Rustan's Supermarket. The mall hosts both local and international shops. The Century Properties Group said that the mall will primarily serve occupants of the Gramercy Residences and the Knightsbridge Residences as well as residents of nearby barangays and office in Makati
- de la Fuente, Franz Jonathan (1 April 2013). "Mall construction on track, says Century Properties". BusinessWorld. Retrieved 18 December 2015.
- "Century City Mall construction on schedule for completion in the fourth quarter of 2013". Century City Mall Construction Update. Century Properties. July 2013.
- "Century City Mall ready for Q1 of 2014 opening". Century City Mall Construction Update. Century Properties. January 2014.
- "Century Properties group opens Makati mall". ABS-CBN News. 17 February 2014. Retrieved 18 December 2015.
- "Summary". Century City Mall. Century Properties Group, Inc. Retrieved 18 December 2015.
- Loyala, James (16 February 2014). "Century Properties opens P1-B mall". Manila Bulletin. Retrieved 18 December 2015.