Century Park LRT Station
Century Park Station is an LRT station on the Capital Line in Edmonton, Alberta. It is a ground-level station located at 111 Street near 23 Avenue, and is named after the transit-oriented development Century Park, located on the former Heritage Mall site next to the station. Century Park is currently the southern terminus of the Capital Line.
The station has a 123 metre long centre loading platform that can accommodate two trains at the same time, one on each side of the platform. The platform is exactly nine metres wide. It also has a grade separated pedestrian overpass connecting the platform to the Century Park Transit Centre and the Century Park development. A 1,230 stall park and ride lot is adjacent to the station.
Titled "Continuum", Century Park Station is decorated with three suspended wire spheres covered in maple leaves.
Around the station
Century Park Transit Centre
An overview showing the transit centre in front of the LRT Station and the connecting pedestrian bridge
|Platforms||16 bus bays|
|Website||Century Park Transit Centre|
The Century Park Transit Centre is located on the east side of 111 Street, adjacent to the LRT Station. The transit centre has climate controlled waiting rooms and public washrooms. It is connected to the station by an elevator-equipped pedestrian overpass which also crosses to the west side of 111 Street and the Blue Quill neighbourhood. East of the transit centre is the 1230 space park and ride lot.
Originally named the "Kaskitayo Transit Centre", the transit centre was renamed to "Heritage Transit Centre" in 2000 and again to "Century Park Transit Centre" in 2010.
The Century Park Transit Centre offers connections to much of South Edmonton, as well as the Edmonton International Airport and the city of Leduc.
The following bus routes serve the transit centre:
|Edmonton International Airport||747||ETS|
|Harry Ainlay High School||46||ETS|
|Leger Transit Centre||24, 35, 37, 334, 337||ETS|
|Mill Woods Transit Centre||23, 30, 74, 77, 78, 79||ETS|
|South Campus/Fort Edmonton Transit Centre||30, 36, 43||ETS|
|Southgate Transit Centre||17, 40, 41, 42, 44, 45, 74, 301, 338||ETS|
|West Edmonton Mall Transit Centre||23||ETS|
- "2013 LRT Passenger Count Report" (PDF). Edmonton Transit System. January 2014. Retrieved February 20, 2014.
- "Edmonton Opens Two New LRT Stations". City of Edmonton. April 24, 2010. Retrieved May 30, 2012.
- "LRT south extensions unveiled". CBC.ca. April 16, 2010. Retrieved May 30, 2012.
- City of Edmonton (July 2011). "LRT Design Guidelines 2011" (PDF). City of Edmonton. p. 700. Retrieved May 30, 2012.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2013-09-04. Retrieved 2013-05-27.
- ETS: Century Park Transit Centre, April 2013 Archived June 5, 2013, at the Wayback Machine.
Media related to Century Park (ETS) at Wikimedia Commons}