Cephas of Iconium
The Church remembers St. Cephas on March 30 with Apostles Sosthenes, Apollos, Caesar, and Epaphroditus; and on December 8 with the same apostles and Onesiphorus. Apostles of the 70 were hand-picked (chosen) and sent by Jesus Christ himself to preach. They were chosen some time after the selection of the Twelve Apostles. All seventy are commemorated by the Church on January 4.
- Apostle Cephas of the Seventy, March 30 (OCA)
- Apostle Cephas of the Seventy, December 8 (OCA)
- The Holy Apostles Sosthenes, Apollos, Tychicus, Epaphroditus, Onesiphorus, Cephas and Caesar (Prologue of Ohrid)
- The Choosing Of The Seventy Holy Apostles
- This article is derived in whole or in part from Cephas of Iconium at OrthodoxWiki, which is dually licensed under CC-By-SA and GFDL. All relevant terms must be followed.
|This article about a saint is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|