Ceredigion District Council
This article does not cite any sources. (November 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|• Succeeded by||Cardiganshire|
Ceredigion District Council was formed on local government re-organisation in Wales in 1974. Its boundaries were identical to those of the former Cardiganshire County Council which was abolished when that council, together with Carmarthenshire County Council and Pembrokeshire County Council were merged to form Dyfed County Council. The authority existed from 1974 to 1996 when, on further reorganisation of local government, it formed the unitary authority of Ceredigion.
The District of Ceredigion was formed in 1974 under the Local Government Act 1972 by the merger of the boroughs of Aberystwyth, Cardigan and Lampeter, the urban districts of Aberaeron and New Quay and the rural districts of Aberaeron, Aberystwyth, Teifiside and Tregaron.
- Ceredigion District Council election, 1973
- Ceredigion District Council election, 1976
- Ceredigion District Council election, 1979
- Ceredigion District Council election, 1983
- Ceredigion District Council election, 1987
- Ceredigion District Council election, 1991