Ceres Fruit Juices
Company name, logo and slogan on a white background
|South Africa, Europe, North America, Asia|
|Pieter Hanekom (CEO)|
M. J. Truter (CFO)
W. Botha (Technical Executive)
L. J. Green (Operations Executive)
T. Naidoo (Legal Executive)
|Products||Ceres Fruit Juices, Liqui-Fruit, Superfruit, Caribbean, Daly’s, Wild Island and Squeeza|
Ceres Fruit Juices Pty Ltd, trading as The Ceres Beverage Company, is a beverage company based in Paarl, South Africa. It produces fruit juice and other fruit based products and is a subsidiary of Pioneer Foods.
Ceres advertises their products being made from 100% fruit juice without preservatives. They are manufactured using aseptic processing. The products are widely sold in Africa and imported to over 80 countries in areas including North America, Europe, and Asia. The United States is one of their largest markets where it is a widely recognised brand of fruit juice.
The company is named after the town of Ceres in the Western Cape, South Africa where it was founded in 1986 by local fruit farmers as a way to add value and expand the market for their produce. The Ceres valley is an important fruit growing region in southern Africa, particularly for apples, pears and stone fruits. Ceres became a wholly owned subsidiary of the Cape Town based Pioneer Foods in 2004.
Ceres products sold under the Ceres brand name include:
- Ceres 100% Juice (22 flavors available in various carton sizes)
- Ceres Junior Juice (5 flavors with added vitamins, aimed at children)
- Ceres Sparkling (3 flavors available in cans and glass bottles of various sizes)
- Ceres Delight (5 flavors in cartons available for export only)
- Ceres Fruit Tea (3 flavors of still iced fruit tea blended with 20% fruit juice available for export only)
- Ceres Spring Water (still and sparkling water in a variety of plastic bottle sizes)
- Ceres Squash Concentrate (4 flavors in plastic bottles)
- Ceres Nectar Concentrate (5 flavors in plastic bottles)
- "Ceres company history". Ceres Fruit Juice. Archived from the original on 17 March 2011. Retrieved 29 January 2011.
- "Ceres Fruit Juices (Pty) Ltd". Bloomberg Businessweek. Retrieved 29 January 2011.
- "Love 'em Or Hate 'em, Litchis Are South Africa's Newest Export To U.S." 2015-12-23. Retrieved 2016-07-26.
- "At Our Core | Ceres". ceres.co.za. Retrieved 2016-07-26.
- Company Website
- CANSA endorses Ceres Plus
- Ceres juice products cited for misleading labeling
- Fruit juice distributor corrects misleading labeling
|This drink-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|