|City and Commune|
|Coordinates (city): Coordinates:|
|Founded||17 March 1991|
|• Alcalde||Arturo Aguirre Gacitúa (PS)|
|• Total||21.0 km2 (8.1 sq mi)|
|Elevation||517 m (1,696 ft)|
|Population (2006 projection)|
|• Density||3,400/km2 (8,900/sq mi)|
|Time zone||CLT  (UTC-4)|
|• Summer (DST)||CLST  (UTC-3)|
|Area code(s)||56 +|
|Website||Municipality of Cerrillos|
Cerrillos (Spanish for "hillocks") is a census-designated commune of Chile in Santiago Province, Santiago Metropolitan Region, integrated into the Greater Santiago conurbation. Was created in 1991 from a subdivision of the commune of Maipú
As a commune, Cerrillos is a third-level administrative division of Chile administered by a municipal council, headed by an alcalde who is directly elected every four years. The 2012-2016 major is Arturo Aguirre Gacitúa (PS), and the council has the following members:
- Juan De Dios Jiménez Retamal (RN)
- Orfilia Castro Tobar (PPD)
- María Luisa Figueroa Garrido (PS)
- Cecilia Foncea Astudillo (DC)
- Felipe Martinez Calderón (IND)
- Guillermo Reeves Iriarte (RN)
Within the electoral divisions of Chile, Cerillos is represented in the Chamber of Deputies as a part of the 20th electoral district (together with Estación Central and Maipú). The commune is represented in the Senate as part of the 7th senatorial constituency (Santiago-West).
According to the 2002 census of the National Statistics Institute, the commune spans an area of 21 km2 (8 sq mi) and has a population of 71,906 living in 19,811 households, giving it a population density of 3,424.1/km2 (8,868/sq mi). At that time, there were 34,961 men and 36,945 women. The population fell 1.0% (743 persons) between the 1992 and 2002 censuses.
- Other statistics
- Average annual household income: US$22,234 (PPP, 2006)[not in citation given]
- Population below poverty line: 8.3% (2006)
- Regional quality of life index: 72.93, medium, 32 out of 52 (2005)
- Human Development Index: 0.743, 54 out of 341 (2003)
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Cerrillos.|
- Villa Mexico (small town of cerrillos)
- "Administrative and Censual Political Division" (PDF) (in Spanish). Archived from the original (PDF) on 14 November 2010. Retrieved 13 September 2010.
- "Asociación Chilena de Municipalidades" (in Spanish). Retrieved 27 January 2011.
- "Municipality of Cerrillos" (in Spanish). Retrieved 27 January 2011.
- "INE - 2002 Census of Population and Housing" (in Spanish). Retrieved 13 September 2010.
- "Chile Time". WorldTimeZones.org. Archived from the original on 11 September 2007. Retrieved 12 September 2010.
- "Chile Summer Time". WorldTimeZones.org. Archived from the original on 11 September 2007. Retrieved 12 September 2010.
- "System of Regional Information". Ministry of Planning of Chile (in Spanish). Archived from the original on 23 August 2010. Retrieved 12 September 2010.
- "Poverty in the Santiago Metropolitan Region" (PDF). Ministry of Planning of Chile (in Spanish). Archived from the original (PDF) on August 24, 2007.
- "The Trajectories of Human Development in the Communes of Chile (1994-2003)" (PDF). Government of Chile, Mideplán (in Spanish). UNDP. Archived from the original (PDF) on 7 July 2011. Retrieved 12 September 2010.
- (in Spanish) Municipality of Cerrillos