|Location||Tierra del Fuego, Patagonia, Argentina|
|Nearest city||Ushuaia, 26 kilometres (16 mi)|
|Skiable area||650 hectares (1,600 acres)|
|Runs||31 - 30 kilometres (19 mi)
Green - 8
Blue - 5
Red - 8
Black - 4
|Lift system||5 Chairlifts
3 T-bar lifts
4 Magic carpets
Cerro Castor is a ski resort on the southern slope of Mount Krund, 26 km from the city of Ushuaia, in the Argentine province of Tierra del Fuego. Its tracks can be used during several months because of the cold weather of the region. The standard season takes place between June and October, and it is, thanks to the geographic location, the longest among the main ski centers in Argentina. Cerro Castor is the southernmost ski resort in the world.
This important ski center was inaugurated in 1999. As of 2012, there are ten lift facilities in the resort, enabling to carry up to 9,500 people per hour: four four-seats chairlifts, three T-bars and three magic carpets. Cerro Castor has twenty-eight snowmass trails (with 600 hectares of usable surface and a vertical drop of 800 m), a snowpark, several restaurants and tearooms, recreation facilities, mountain shelters, a skiing school, a first-aid service, and a lenga beech forest. Many of the trails are harmonized by the International Ski Federation. Besides classic alpine skiing, the center offers other activities such as snowboarding, skiboarding, ski touring, sleds, cross-country skiing and snowshoes.
In 2012 Cerro Castor hosted the FIS Freestyle Slopestyle World Cup, organized by the International Ski Federation (FIS), and qualifying competition for the 2014 Winter Olympic Games  The results were as follows:
|September 7, 2012||Ushuaia||James Woods||90.4||Henrik Harlaut||84.4||Jonas Hunziker||74.6|||
|September 7, 2012||Ushuaia||Keri Herman||85.0||Eveline Bhend||79.8||Dara Howell||65.4|||
The Interski Congress and World Cup, organized by the International Ski Instructors Association, was hosted by Cerro Castor from 5 to 12 September 2015 in which was the first ever event held by this association in the Southern Hemisphere.
- José María Redondo Veglaeditorial=2001–2010 Universidad de La Rioja. "El glaciar rocoso de Cerro Krund, Tierra del Fuego, Argentina". Retrieved 14 October 2010.
- "Cerro Castor". Welcome Argentina. Retrieved 5 June 2009.
- Cerro Castor: esquí en el Fin del Mundo Archived 2013-12-17 at the Wayback Machine. Revista Magna.
- "Cerro Castor, Ushuaia". Patagonia.com.ar. Retrieved 6 June 2009.
- "Cerro Castor". Argentour. Retrieved 5 June 2009.
- "Cerro Castor Centro de Ski, Argentina". Argentinaski.com. Archived from the original on 27 May 2009. Retrieved 5 June 2009.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2015-11-15. Retrieved 2015-11-19.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Cerro Castor.|
- Sitio web oficial del Cerro Castor